chapter 5

[❀]

"The bus is here!" Sam says as the rest of the group follows him. I turn away from the fountain and towards Colby.

"Let's go." I smile to him as smiles back. We start walking towards the rest of the group but at a slower pace than everyone else, he starts to say something. "Niko. I wanted to-"

"NIKO, COLBY! HURRY UP!" I hear Ainisa call from the front of the group while jumping up and down, interrupting Colby. I turn to Ainisa to see the rest of the boys getting on the bus.

"We're coming!" I shout back to her and look back to Colby quickly with a smile. He returns my kind smile but doesn't continue to what he was saying.

"What were you going to say?" I ask him as we start heading towards the rest of the group at a faster pace. He pauses for a second before responding.

"Nothing, don't mind me. I'm just.. pretty drunk." He smiles kind of sadly and walks off to Sam who was waiting for him.

I just kind of shrug it off, knowing he was probably right that he was drunk. I walk over to Ainisa, Kat and Stas. They smile happily as they see me come over and we all happily step onto the bus following behind the boys.

We get on the bus and they immediately start opening drinks and over all having a good time even though it's only been 5 minutes. I watch them in silence while I sit down in the back of the bus.

God. How I've missed this chaos.

"What we're about to do is rally the fucking troops. Are you ready?!!" Nate yells as we yell and cheer back. The rest of the group starts to pass around a fairly large liquor bottle.

Again, I generally don't like alcohol. Ainisa, Kat, Sam and Colby all know this so they naturally skipped passing me the bottle.

"NIKO! YOUR TURN!!" Nate yells at me and starts to pass me the bottle. He was didn't know about my distaste for alcohol so I don't blame him. But, still I don't want to chug from a bottle of tequila.

"I'M GOOD! THANKS." I try to yell over the music, trying passing the bottle back to him.

I assume he didn't hear me because he kind of just shoved the bottle into my hand as Justin points the camera at me. I just look to Colby who was sitting right next to me.

His eyes were gentle, I've spilt my entire life story to this man. He knows everything about me, about my life and why not drinking alcohol is so important to me.

He takes it from my hands softly with a "sorry" and starts to chug it, trying take the attention off me.

Which works. My eyes soften as I watch his facial expression change from soft to cheerful and excited as he drops the bottle from his lips. He turns to me a gives a playful smile, I return it with a soft giggle.

As the bus reaches hotel, the group doesn't get any calmer. Katrina and Stas run off the bus and inside of the hotel like children as soon as we parked in the valet area. Me, Ainisa and the rest of the group follow close behind.

As we follow the two excited girls through the hotel, we were getting strange looks from the elderly and parents.

I think about Colby's gesture, how kind he was. His hands were gentle as they caressed mine as he took the bottle from my hands.