chapter 7

[❀]

"We're here." The driver says as he stops the car into the valet parking lot and opens the doors to let us out.

"My feet are already hurting in these heels." I groan as I get up from the car seat in the back as the driver comes and opens the door.

"I know, me too." Ainisa says as I come around to the other side of the car to where she was.

I guess she just blew off the whole Lily thing. I kept quiet the entire car ride so maybe she just didn't want to push any further than I was willing to.

We start walking towards the back entrance of the center to avoid all of the people seeing our outfit and our faces. I grab my shoe trying to trying to get the back of my shoe to stop digging into my ankle.

"Did you figure out what songs you two are going to sing for your portion?" Carmen asks as she grabs the large black door to open it for us.

"I'm going to do my Miss Me album because it correlates to breakup." Ainisa says as we enter the building, Ainisa entering the building first before Carmen and I.

"I think I might do 1-800." I say kind of quietly. I have never sung it before because it is song that really hits close to home. But, now I feel as though I'm ready to finally ready.

But, I know I'll be sobbing by the end of it.

We finally found our prep-rooms, being side by side, after like 20 minutes of searching. My door has the moon on it with my name and Ainisa's has the sun on it with hers.

Our symbols that have represented us since birth have always been the sun and the moon. It was just always something that has stuck with us. Ainisa is joyous and bright like the sun and I am quiet and luminous like the moon.

It made up who we are and why our souls are tied to one another. Two celestial bodies shining bright in the sky.

"Cutee." Ainisa says as we enter her room, it looks the same as any other room, a vanity, a couch with a coffee table in front of it and even a mini fridge with Ainisa favorite drink.

Root-beer.

"YESS!! Root-beer!" Ainisa cheers as she opens the mini fridge grabbing 2 out and handing one to Carmen, knowing I don't prefer it.

"I hope they have tea in mine." I laugh as I go to start leave the room. Then someone opens the door, almost hitting me.

"Oh, oops! Sorry!" She frantically bows and apologizes to me. The makeup box in her hand indicated to me that she was Maya, a small makeup artist located in Vegas that I invited to do our make up for the concert.

"Maya! You're here! You're totally fine." I smile gently as I move out of the way for her to enter the prep room. She thanks me and walks past me towards the center of the room.

"Miss Moreau and Miss Vargas, thank you for hiring me to be your makeup artist." Maya says happily as places her bag onto the beautifully decorated vanity in the middle of the back wall.

"Of course! I'll be in the next room to the right when you're ready Maya." I return her kind smile and start to walk out of the room to allow her and Ainisa to get started.