chapter 11

[❀]

"I don't live in NYC anymore, Colby."

I say with a soft and gentle smile. He faces me a confused look. What else could I mean by that?

"What?" He asks with his eyebrows furrowed as I continue to smile at him.

"Where do you live then?" He continues to ask as we stop next to a shoe store that was surprisingly still open.

"LA." I say simply, just smiling at him. Colby's facial expression completely changes from confused to happy.

"Wait. REALLY?! When? Did you move in with Ainisa again?!" He says, surprisingly super cheerfully, which makes me really happy.

"Remember when I visited like 2 months ago and I stayed with Ainisa for like 2 weeks?" I ask him as we went into the shoe store.

"Welcome in." The tired worker says as he slumped down on his chair at the front of the store.

"Yeah, I remember. Why?" Colby says as he greets the worker and brings his attention back to me.

"The entire time I was there, I was decorating my room." I laugh and look at the all the rare shoes that the store has.

"That's crazy. Wait. So, you just lied to Kat and Sam about not moving back?" He asks. He made it sound like I was doing something wrong, which in a way I kind of was.

"I wouldn't say I exactly lied, I just wanted to surprise them. More specificity Kat. She's been begging me to move back since I even had the thought of moved away." I smile while grabbing a pair of shoes then putting them back down. I look at the large display of shoes as Colby watches me gently.

"She's always whining about you having fun without us every time you post something in NYC with your friends." He laughs, almost admiring everything that I was doing. I just hum a response with a smile. I understood why she would be upset. 

Hell, if she moved away and started to post about having a good time with new friends, I'd be pissed.

"I know. Oh! Look at these. Do you think these would look good on me?" I ask him showing a pair of shoes that I thought were cute.

I've been trying new styles lately and these would really fit the new clothes I've been buying, not that I need anymore pairs of shoes.

"Yeah! Those are sick. I'm sure they'd look incredible on you. Do you want me to ask if you have your size?" Colby asks, holding the shoes in his hands as I nod. He goes off to the front of the store to ask the worker for my shoe size.

I smile and look around at the other shoes that caught my eye but none really hit like the ones I had showed Colby, only really because his approval for them.

"Niko!" Colby shouts at me from the counter as I stare off at the wall. I snap out of whatever trance that I was in and walk over to him.

"Yeah?" I say standing next to him. "They have your size." He says smiling softly at me.

"Oh! Okay, thank you." I say as I suddenly realize that I don't actually have my wallet with me. "Shit." I mutter to myself as I remember Colby telling me to leave it in our hotel room.