chapter 6

[❀]

I look around to see a a glass of water and Colby's jacket on my bed next to me. "The fuck." I say as I try to recall what happened last night but only came up blank.

What actually happened last night... ??

"Maybe you should take Niko back to your room. She looks like she's done for the night." Nate laughed as I just slumped my head on Ainisa's shoulder. "For such a light weight, I think that's the longest she's ever lasted being awake while drunk." Katrina laughed as Ainisa moved some hair out of my face gently as I slouch down on the balcony chair.

I groaned and moved my head away from her hand, tucking my head into my knees. Ainisa sighed and stands up from her chair.

"Can't take her anywhere." Kat laughed and Ainisa started to get me stand up and take me back to our room.

"Come on Niko. Get up, let's go." She tried to persuade me to get up off the chair I was sitting on but I refused.

"No." I mumbled with my face still in my knees. She frustratedly scratched her head and turns to the group of our friends who were also still sitting outside on the deck of the hotel room.

"I can carry her back to your room, if you want?" Colby suggested, Ainisa nodded in defeat. Colby smiled as he stood up from his chair and came over to where I was sitting.

"It's time for bed Niko." He chuckled seeing how childish I could be. He's only ever seen me sober, maybe not so much on the listening side.

Colby came over to me and picked me up gently, placing his hands under my butt to support me on his body.

"Mmm. Noooo. Put me down.." I whine while trying to struggle out of his grip, squirming in his arms. I watched Ainisa whisper in his ear and he smiled again.

He started to pat my back like I was a baby, which I always adored. I immediately calmed down and rested my head on Colby's shoulder.

I guess it's true that alcohol reverts your mind back to a child like state. Or at least when I do it does.

I close my eyes as Colby pats my back and I embrace him. I really was embarrassing myself in front of my friends, what kind of grown women needs a man to take her back to her bedroom after she drinks?

"See I told you. She's like a large baby." Ainisa chuckled. "I heard that.. you bitch." I muttered as I snuggled into Colby's body. Ainisa handed him the key to our room and he carried me out of their hotel room.

He walked down the hallway, still patting my back. I felt so comfortable. It's no wonder why I couldn't remember anything.

As he struggles to tap the card against the doorknob, I let out a heavy breath against Colby's neck and snuggle myself against his body. His breathing becomes heavier and he grips onto me a little tighter and finally gets the door open.

"Which one is your bed?" He asked in a hushed tone as he pushed me up further on his body. I could only pointed to the messier bed closer to the window, the patting of my back only made me more tired than the alcohol had already.