chapter 8

[❀]

"Are you guys ready to see who Ukiyo really is?!"

Ainisa shouts almost too excitedly as I put my hand over my mask and a count down appears on the large event screen behind us.

This was the moment our career changes, the last time our privacy was our own. In this moment I doubted even agreeing to revealing our faces to the world.

"3... 2... 1!" People in the crowd count down quickly. The realization that it was finally the moment I've been dreading since we starting wearing the mask. The reveal of our faces.

On one we throw our masks off and into the crowd and the crowd cheers louder than ever. I watch with a forced smile as people's phones doubled and focused in on what we look like.

I felt like my chest was buried by 700 bricks, I couldn't breath. My mind was foggy that all I could do was force a smile.

While I was looking around at everyone's reactions to our faces, I finally find Colby and the rest of our friends cheering in the crowd.

I smile at him and he notices and waves, I mouth "hi" to him and mouths "hi" back.

"Okay. Okay. Don't rip your vocal cords now." I laugh as we talk a little longer about who we are.

"We'll it was nice to see you, Vegas! It's been a pleasure." Ainisa starts.

"Have a good night!" I smile and wave to the crowd one last time, walking off the stage down to where Carmen was standing.

"See. It wasn't that bad, was it?" Carmen laughs and comes up to us with two bouquets of roses in her arms. She hands one to each of us. I admire the beautiful flowers with a soft smile.

"Thank you!" We say happily in unison. "Who gave these to us?" I ask with a soft smile as I inspect each rose carefully.

"A fan dropped them off at the front." Carmen says with a gentle expression. Her eyes watched mine as I stare down the bouquet.

"Come on, we should head to grab your stuff then to VIP area. People are already there." Carmen gently says while walking towards the door that leads into to the backstage area.

We walk quickly to ours dressing rooms, Ainisa and Carmen going into hers as I walk around the corner to mine alone. I jog to the couch and grab my purse then quickly grab a milk tea out of the fridge and walk out of the room. Trying my hardest to keep up with them as I try to open my phone with one hand, the other holding the beautiful bouquet of flowers.

"Hurry up." Carmen calls back to me as I trail along behind her kind of slowly trying to look at my phone. I look up quickly at her with a jokingly annoyed expression then back down to my phone.

"Okay. Sheesh." I say as I continue to look down at my phone then putting it away to admire my flowers, taking one out and plucking the thorns off and putting slightly higher than the others to know which one was safe to hold.

"Who are you going to give that to? Colby?" Ainisa moves her eyebrows up and down at me and I just laugh playfully. I shove my arm into hers and she moves with me.

"Shut up." I say as we reach and walk through the door of the VIP section and saying hi to everyone in line. Then Ainisa and I place roses gently onto the couch along with the rest of our stuff.