chapter 9

[❀]

"What can I get you for drinks?"

"Coke." "Lemonade." "Sweet tea." " Coke as well." Everyone starts to say what they'd like to drink from left to right of the waitress. Sam on one side of the table  to Colby on the other end. Kat, Stats, Carmen, Ainisa and me in between them.

"Me too." "Lemonade for me as well!" "And Coke for me." Ainisa, me and Colby all continue to ask for our drinks as another waiter hands us all menus.

I scan the menu for something that I'd think would be tasty. Salmon, White Alba Truffles, Angulas, Saffron? Yuck.

"Alfredo pasta with chicken." I read to myself. That's what I'll get, it's my favorite after all. I had ordered the last time I was here and it was incredible, not as good as if it were I who made it but still great.

"Is that what your going to get?" Ainisa asks as I read the ingredients of the pasta. I look up at her and nod. My throat still slightly sore from singing.

"What are you getting?" I ask her looking at her menu. She points at a salmon dish and explains how she never had salmon before and wanted to try it, I just nod and agree with whatever she was saying because I have a massive headache from singing my head off.

"What are you getting Colby?" I whisper to him leaning over more towards him and looking up at him.

"I think I'm going to get the Kobe Beef." He says, pointing to the picture of a steak. "Yum." I smile and I tell him how I was getting pasta.

"Oh. Niko! Mom wanted to know what we're going to do for your birthday?" Carmen asks as she puts her phone down next to her. I look from Colby's face to Carmen's.

My 22nd birthday is in a month and I had no idea what I was going to do.

"Uhm. I don't know? Do you guys want to do something?" I ask everyone else because I have no clue in the world of what I wanted to do.

"Hell yeah!" Colby says as everyone else agreeing as well. I smile.

For the last 2 years I haven't really celebrated my birthday. I have my popular tradition of sitting in my New York apartment with a cupcake and a candle with my age on it.

"Alright. We'll figure what we'll do when it comes around." I say with a bright smile on my face, making everyone else smile.

"Wait. But don't you live in NYC? Are you going to fly all the way there and back to LA in a month then?" Kat asks. I smile and nod.

Little does she know that I don't live in NYC anymore.

"Don't worry. I'll stay for like a week or two for my birthday." I say as the waiter comes back over to our table with our drinks.

"Thank you!" We say to the waiter as he ask what we wanted to eat.

We all tell the waiter what we wanted and he wrote down everything and said he'd be back with it soon.

"Niko, when ARE you going to come back to LA?" Colby ask me and everyone else questionable about it as well. I give a questionable look before trying to make out a convincing lie.