Chapter 2

Author

Karan hands Monami the knife and asks her to free herself. Monami takes the knife, targets it at the rope and throws it.

The knife goes through the rope cutting it and Monami lands down safely but as soon as she lands her foot twists and she loses her balance.

Tera hone laga hoon, khone laga hoon Jabse mila hoon

Karan grabs her bare waist tightly and looks at her while she has her eyes shut tight in the hope of hitting the ground.

Tera hone laga hoon, khone laga hoon Jabse mila hoon
Ankhon se chhu loon ke baahein tarasti hain
Dil ne pukara hai haan
Ab toh chale aao

Monami realises she has not got her bones saved and slowly opens her eyes and they share an eyelock.

Ankhon se chhu loon ke baahein tarasti hain
Dil ne pukara hai haan
Ab toh chale aao

Monami suddenly gets awkward and straightens herself standing straight.

"Thank you for saving me Karan Sir."

"It is ok. You were good the only cadet to qualify this test. All the best for your journey in this academy"

" And .."

"And ..??" 

"Something like sorry , I apologize..."

"Excuse me.."

"Not excuse me, I apologize"

"For what...???"

"You should be the one saying this to me because you practically shouted in the auditorium, didn't trust me and threw fake accusations on me like I am not good enough for the academy"

"I don't know you, so there was no chance of trusting you, and about fake accusations they were just my  trust issues doubts..and I never said you are not good enough"

"Not directly but indirectly you meant that only"

"Firstly, stop finding indirect meanings in my statement and secondly, this is not the way you talk to your trainers. Bye and good night Dr. Monami Mahajan"

"But listen" Monami screams behind Karan's back who without hearing another word after finishing his statement left.

***

"Good Morning Cadets today is your first day at training. I hope none of you had a problem waking up owing to the fact that most of you were awake post mid night in the academy." Karan standing in the indoor training hall announces.

"Look at their faces Karan seems like half of them are still in sleep." Faizi chuckles noticing the yawning faces of cadets.

"This is going to take them time to adjust into this routine" Vikrant joins in.

"Sir we have a habit of sleeping late at night" Cadet Bala from the crowd announces.

"Also the mattress waa not comfortable." Monami joins in the rest of the cadets.

"We are really sorry Dr. Monami Mahajan, we have been sleeping on these hard mattresses for years, we can't get you your soft feather mattress here. 
You all need to learn to adjust here, get out of your comfort zone, be disciplined with your lifestyle." Karan announces narrowing his eyes and looking at Monami.

"All the cadets will now take their medical tests done and post that you will be issued your identity cards and uniforms." Vikrant makes a hand gesture for the cadets to follow him.

"Stop making it obvious Karan that you like her, special mattresses.. interesting... and then still looking at her with this these small eyes making sure to have a proper focus on her." Faizi utters in a low tone.

Karan rolls his eyes and looks at Faizi only to realize he ran away after blabbering his nonsense.

***

"The reports of your medical tests will arrive in the next two days. You people have an off for today, get yourselves settled properly, explore the academy campus and Deolali today. You need to learn where to go in case of emergency, when you need to run for basic stuff etc." Vikarant informs the cadets after their medical tests are done.

The cadets are exploring the campus. Being located near a forest they are in awe with the scenic beauty the academy serves along with the high buildings.

Monami is also exploring the campus.
"This place is so beautiful, people living here are so lucky to live here."
Monami gets separated from the group of cadets and walks alone. She bumps into Karan.

"What are you doing here ...??? " Karan questions Monami whose slender waist is still in his arms.

Monami pulls herself away from Karan and fumbles "Acc.... I... acc.. I actually got separated from the cadets, we were exploring the academy campus, Vikrant Sir asked us to do so."

"I hope you have eyes to read what is written on the board there... if not I will read it out to you, R.E.S.T.R.I.C.T.E.D.....A.R.E.A. Cadets not allowed , hope you remember it from the next time"

"Yes Sir, I am sorry.. I will keep this in mind from the next time..." Monami leaves from there almost running.

***

At night Monami is busy on a call crying and Karan observes her silently...

"I.. am sorry... I didn't mean to..."
.
.
.
.
.
"Please don't do this to me"
.
.
.
.
.
.
"I am sure we can make this work out, I promise to put in more efforts.."
.
.
.
.
.
.
" Please .. Please..."

And the phone is cut and beep is heard...

Monami hugs the phone to her chest and keeps crying.
______________________________________

Will Karan help her..???

I wrote this in the pain I am in after reading Sha's IV 🥲. They can't kill Karan. No 😭 not so soon.