Chapter 12

Author

"Gladly she was shot only in her lower thigh. The operation was successful she is under no danger." The doctor informs all the people in hospital coming out from the operation theatre after performing Monami's surgery.

"Ca..can I meet her doctor..???" Karan questions who has been yearning to see her the doctor. 

"No, right now she will be shifted to the room and she is still under effect of anesthesia. You can meet her in the morning. By the way there is enough staff to take of her you all can go back home."

"Thank you doctor" Batra Sir replies.

"I hope you have informed her family sir because there is still some documentation left. Her family needs to sign on some papers and also the payment needs to be taken care of." A nurse informs them and leaves.

Batra sir turns himself in the direction in which Faizi was standing "Faizi I hope you have informed the academy to check official documents of Monami and inform her family." 

"Yes Sir I called in the academy and asked them to inform Monami's parents but there was LATE attached to both her parents name, they both recently died three years back I came to know with my research and since Monami was legally adult she didn't need any guardian so there is no number of her guardian also." 

"Payment part can be handled by the academy but those signatures on the documents. I will go and talk at the reception about this."

"Sir I will talk at the reception you all go to the academy you all need rest this mission it has been hectic." Karan intervenes.

"But Karan this mission has been a challenge for you also, you also need rest." Batra Sir extends his hand placing it on Karan's shoulder

"Sir Monami was shot because of me, the bullet was meant for me but in order to save me she got shot herself. Sir I am responsible for her condition and it is my duty to be by her side all the time even if she is out of danger" Karan speaks with a heavy throat almost on the verge of breaking down.

"Fine Karan if you think so the only thing I will say is do not guilt trip yourself. You want to stay by Monami's side fine do it but do it because you want it and not because you are guilty and feeling pity for her." Batra Sir places his hand on Karan's shoulder comforting him and then leaves with other academy members.

 "Karan com here sit" Faizi makes Karan sit on a chair and sits beside him "Karan Batra Sir is right please do not hold yourself guilty"

Karan hugs Faizi and breaks down "How can I not hold myself guilty the I was the target the bullet was fired at me, but but she came in.. she came in between she took the bullet meant for me on herself...she proved her love Faizi ... she proved her and what have I done for her.. how have I ever proved her that I love her..."

"Karan love comes in different forms and time tests love of all some might get a hard test some might get an easier test just make sure your love gets stronger. Karan her love was tested and she passed the test by taking bullet on herself but your love is also tested staying strong and by her side in this time... your strength will be her strength and this is your exam and the Karan I know never fails... he has always passed with flying colours.. so now wipe your tears and smile because when Monami regains her consciousness she will not like this gloomy face of yours..." Faizi explains Karan who then breaks the hug. He then wipes his tears, nods and smiles..

"I will smile, I will stay in high spirits for Monami"

"For Monami..." Faizi smiles and pats Karan's back..."I will now leave for the academy have to finish some legal formalities, you very well know..."

Karan sees off Faizi till the hospital gate and pays a visit to the reception. 

"Excuse me" Karan says grabbing attention of the receptionist whose eyes were fixed on the laptop screen. 

"Yes Sir... how may I help you..??"

"I am from Parakram SAF with patient Dr. Monami Mahajan who was shot in the leg.."

"Yes sir I am well aware, are her parents or any relative here to complete the formalities."

"Actually this is where the problem arises, she had lost her parents and being a legal adult she also has no guardian so we could not really establish a contact with someone to complete the legal formalities."

"Fine Sir, once she regains her consciousness, you can ask her about her extended family and if there is some blood relative of hers then we can get these documents signed."

"Ok.. Thank you"

"Thank you sir."

Karan goes to the waiting lounge and grabs a corner there. He scrolls through his phone about today's news and while doing so he dozes off unknowingly.

***
On the other hand in the academy the news of Monami being injured spreads like wildfire. The cadets insist on meeting Monami but Batra Sir stops them and promises them to take them when she regains her consciousness.

All the cadets are assembled in Cadet Bala's room discussing about Monami.

"What was she doing at the mall with Karan Sir and why has Karan Sir not returned to the academy with other academy members... why is he staying in the hospital.." Cadet Suman raises her voice amidst the discussion.

"Faizi Sir is also in the hospital. Formalities may be.." one of the cadet replies.

"Faizi Sir returned, I saw him when I went to the washroom" another cadet jumps in the conversation.

"I think that there is something going on between Karan and Monami I have even seen them together after training and they didn't look like sharing a professional relationship" cadet Suman added.

"Even if they are in a relationship which is more than professional, it is none of our concern because Karan Sir is not showing any biases towards us in the training. On the training ground they both our professional and that is what should matter to us.. in case in future Karan Sir decides to favour Monami in any form we will protest about their relationship then, till then we should not interfere" Bala speaks up putting an end to the conversation going on.

Faizi overhears Bala's words and enters the room... "Don't you think you all should have gone to your beds by now... it has been 10 minutes to lights out. Dismiss all..." Faizi scolds the cadets and then leaves the room.

__________________________________

So do you think academy people will figure out their relationship and how do you think they will react...???

How right or wrong were Faizi's words to Karan..??

Keep loving ❤