Chapter 8

Karan

Standing in front of my wardrobe wearing a white round neck t-shirt and blue jeans I am still confused whether to pair it up with a black blazer or blue blazer.

I am now frustrated standing there from the past half an hour so I decide to take both of them out and then check them on myself in front of mirror.

Blue looks fine..  but so does black, this is getting more confusing rather than...

"Wear the black one" a familiar voice falls inside my ears making me take a break from my thoughts.

I turn only to find Monami wearing a black halter neck crop top with a high waist jeans accessorised with a silver watch in left hand and a silver bracelet in right hand, silver hoop earrings and a sleek silver chain. Her hair were tied in a high pony tightly. Black and silver shoes completed her look. A nude pink lipstick with smoky eyes enhanced her beauty.

"It will compliment my look for our date" She says as I wear my blazer.

"You look beautiful by the way" I compliment her and it is not a sham but I am not sure whether this is a perfect date outfit or not.

"And I made you look handsome" She crosses her arm with mine and we walk out of my room.

***
"... and two virgin mojitos. Thank you" She finishes ordering our dinner.

"Where is he... I mean are you sure he is coming right...??? What if he changes his plan..??"

"He will come don't worry"

"Look he is here..." She continued after a small pause moving her eyes towards the entrance.

I saw someone entering through the main door and the person, he settled himself on a table near us. This was the first time I was seeing him, Monami's ex boyfriend whose name I still don't know.

She holds my hand and we pretend to laugh on some silly jokes which definitely none of us is cracking. Honestly one of us should have cracked some jokes at least we would have got to know each other's sense of humour. I could have known if she likes mine or not to know the possibility of me being liked in the future.

A pretend date means you have to pretend laughing also. I guess I am going to learn new things.

Our dinner arrives and she serves it to me before helping herself. As she was eating her favourite garlic breadsticks with dip, all thanks to this pretend date she told me her favourite food, a little dip spread below her lips. Offering her a tissue paper I made hand gestures asking her to clean it. After her few failed attempts of hers I got up a little from my seat and wiping the dip off with my thumb that brushes past her lips. I didn't think for a second, hesitate or flinch when I got up from my seat but as soon as my thumb brushed past her lips a tingling sensation ran inside me.

Her lipstick was smudged by me and I decided to taste the lipstick on my thumb acting normal trying to hide my blush with a poker face, probably this is the only way I can smudge her lipstick and also taste it. Dirty thoughts again start to creep inside my mind but I shrug them off.

After finishing the dinner I ask for the cheque and take out my wallet to pay but she stops me dropping in half the amount of the bill. "I earn and it is my duty also to pay the bill" I smile at this feminist side of hers, not making any attempts to hide it.

We leave the restaurant entangling our hands and separate them as soon as we move out of the restaurant entering the parking lot. I open the car's door for her like a gentleman and she gets in. Monami falls asleep on the way back to the academy and I notice the most gorgeous view in front of my eyes, the view of her sleeping peacefully. I immediately remove the strands of hair falling on her face causing an obstruction in my view. I stop the car at a side realising my dream is in front of my eyes and I need to cherish and definitely not die before living it. I keep admiring her and blush remembering the beautiful moments we spent today. Her lipstick was still smudged a little making me want to taste it again but not like earlier, I wanted to taste her lips along with the lipstick, her plump lips meeting mine was the only thought in my mind. 

I am really thankful to my brain cells which were active two days ago when she asked me to go on a pretend date with her so that she can show her boyfriend, shaking my head ex boyfriend I correct myself that she has moved on and is happy without him. I remember how she was ignoring me the entire day and I was worrisome thinking that she remembers happenings of the last night and isn't comfortable around me.

"Karan I want to talk to you about something very important." She enters the room without knocking  at late night speaking nervously.

I am shocked at her sight because I thought I was being ignored but calm down myself looking at her tensed state brushing off my thoughts and place my hand on her shoulder comforting her.

"Go ahead Monami" putting on a fake broad smile on my lips

"I ... I ... want you to become my boyfriend"

I stand there agape not being able to process what she said and pinch myself thinking it is a dream, but ouch that hurts.

"Whh..what did you say just now" Still not being able to believe her words I finally manage to speak something.

She takes a deep breath which makes me nervous and I gulp down my saliva.. "Not in real I just want you to pretend to be my boyfriend. You know he, I mean my ex is dating someone in Deolali now... my friend informed me and he thinks I can't move on...like he will be someone always over my mind, he will hold such an important place in my life that I will be always stuck on him etc..etc...so I just want to show him that I can move on... and I have moved on...I don't need him anymore I know that but he needs to see that... I just want to burst his bubble of superiority complex."

"Monami you are not moving on for real, you are just pretending to move on so that you can show him. Be happy for yourself, move on yourself otherwise he will be proven right that he holds an important place in your life." 

"Karan look if not you someone else, I have decided to show him that I don't need him. I asked you to pretend being my boyfriend because you are a good friend of mine and I really trust you. If you are not ready I can hire someone also, you can chill" She turns back moving out of the room.

My explanation all went in vain. She trusts you Karan. Even if it is a pretend date, a date is a date Karan just say yes may be this date works in your favour, may be she slowly starts feeling for you.

"Stop !" I announce "I am ready to be your fake boyfriend, I will be better than a hired one for sure"

"Really" she hugs me in excitement. Hesitantly I hug her back and it is one of the best feelings I have experienced in a long time.

She is waking up I notice coming out of the thanking ceremony I was holding for my brain cells driving back to the academy.

On reaching the academy I wake her up, and she gives me a side hug thanking me before departing from me for her room.

My day is made.

****

Something special coming up in the next chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment.