Chapter 17

Abiha (Monami)

As I entered my cell I smirked at my win. May be I was not able to complete my entire mission but I did a very important job I provided my people with enough ammunition so that they can plan attacks without worrying.

I did an important job but why does it feel like I am loosing a part of myself ... what is that I am loosing... The date was so difficult .. I felt it would be easy spilling out my plan hiding my plan as per my convenience but it was not, his questions pained me, felt like daggers in my heart. Seeing him so much hurt from my betrayal made me feel sad. This shouldn't be the case.

I must take some rest before I take more stress. I can't even contact the gang because of such strict security. I am still unsure about will these people rescue me on my transfer or they have something else in their mind.

***
Sometime after I wake up in the morning.. two special agent comes into my cell for interrogation.

To be honest low key I was expecting Karan to be one of them but may be after revelation of all the secrets yesterday he needs time or may be he just needs a break from me but why do I feel the need to see him. After what I did to him why do I want him to confront me more, blame me more just stay with me more even if that means I need to receive his hatred. 

"How does it feel cheating us for so long...???" Special Agent Vikarant asks snapping me out of my thoughts...

"I guess nice.." I answer with a poker face on.

"Tell us who your gang is..??" Special agent Sanya questions 

"I don't have a gang.. I have told you all a hundred times and I hate repeating myself.." I stand up banging my hands on the table.

Sanya gets violent slaps me in the face and I lose balance and fall down, I notice a smear of blood on my arm and realise my palm has been cut. 

"You are not going to open your mouth. I still can't digest how someone can stoop so low." Sanya speaks furiously.

"No one including Karan will wish something like what you have done to Karan." Vikarant joins her and then both of them leave the cell.

Karan enters the cell as soon as they leave. He lifts me up from the ground holding my elbow from one hand with his other hand on my shoulder. I stand up put stumble, he then grabs me from my waist.

"Are you fine..??" Karan questions 

"I am absolutely fine.." I answer with blurry eyes forcing a smile on my face.

He takes out antiseptic from the first aid box which I didn't realise when he brought.. The antiseptic stings, I hiss and grab his shirt near his shoulder. He blows air to my wound and then slowly slowly applies creams on my hand. My fake forced smile turns into a genuine smile his touch feels like magic and the pain starts to vanish.

A thud is heard on the jail bars which breaks attention from Karan and I realise Karan is not there.. he was just a figment of my imagination.

Reality hits me that he will not care for me anymore, he will not be the medicine to my pain, he will no longer cure my wounds. He won't get hurt when I am hurt. He will no longer bandage me like he used to do even if I got a small scratch during the training. I have to do all of it my myself now and after tomorrow I will no longer be able to see him. He will be no more in my sight we will be miles apart from each other.

Karan has started to matter me more than myself. Deceiving him is hurting me more than my happiness of playing such a major part in the mission. I provided ammunition to those people but at what cost at the cost of Karan. Have I become habitual of Karan that I am thinking so much about him or is it lo--.. No.. it can't be love, I don't love anyone else apart from my mission.

After sometime while I am still in a state of confusion of why am I so concerned about Karan, I hear two known - unknown voices, I have heard them in the academy somewhere but I don't know who they belong to.

"I love you.." one of the guy says..

"But this society won't accept us." the second guy says..

"But it is love that matters.."

"What is love.."

"When the person in front of you matters more.. his happiness matters more.. if you today say that you don't want to be with me because it is your choice I will step back immediately but if you want to step back because this society won't accept us I won't step back.. I will make you realise your love till I am alive..."

The voices fade suddenly and I assume that someone might have come there and the boys escaped.

I think about him more than myself, his choice matters to me more than my choices .. it means it is love.. I am in love..

I really.. really.. love you Karan.

Tomorrow I know he will go to transfer me to the other jail.. I will ask him, we will run away somewhere and start afresh because the society will never accept us. I know he loves me and I know now I love him too. Our love deserves to prosper.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I finally wrote the first chapter from her POV.

Any guesses what will happen in the next chapter...??

Keep showering your love.