Chapter 15: The Dinner

"The past is great place, and I don't want to erase it or regret it, but I don't want to be its prisoner either." -Mick Jagger

2 Weeks Later

Isabella POV

It's been 2 weeks since my first day of school, that went amazingly by the way. Mia introduced me to all of her friends which means I now have a total of 3 friends Mia, Calista, and Anthony. Calista has red hair that really stands out so she's easy to spot when we're walking through the busy hallways. Her eyes are a dark forest green color, and she has super pale skin with freckles scattered all over it.

Anthony has sandy blonde hair with brown eyes, not to mention his perfectly tan skin. That I'm just a tad bit jealous of.

Over the past 2 weeks me and my family have gotten a lot closer. Ilias even introduced me to his friends at school. Even Theodore has warmed up to me, he lets me call him Theo now with no problem at all! My nightmares have been less frequent too, but when they do happen everyone comes rushing in my room and either one my brothers or my dad will stay and sleep in my room the rest of the night. I will admit that it's very comforting knowing that they care enough to stay with me throughout the night to know I'm ok.

They've asked me a couple of questions about my nightmares but so far, I've been able to just change the topic of conversation.

Currently, I'm sitting in the library crying my eyes out over the fact that Sirius died right in front Harry as if Harry doesn't already have enough to deal with. Why didn't anyone ever tell me how many people die in this series? Like, why get us attached to the characters if they're just going to die sooner or later.

I look up at the sound of footsteps to see Alessandro's face go from neutral to angry. "Isabella, are you ok? Is something wrong? What happened, did you get hurt? Do I need to kill someone?" Alessandro immediately started firing off questions not even giving me time in between them to be able to answer.

I hurriedly wiped away my tears as I shook my head no to answer his questions. "Sirius died." I mumbled under my breath, looking back up at my eldest brother. He looked at me questioningly before glancing beside me to see the open Harry Potter book beside me. I felt my face flush red at being caught crying over the death of a fictional character. Upon seeing my embarrassment, he chuckled before crouching down right in front of me and wiping the stray teras away.

"Sorry to bother you Principessa but there's going to be a couple of business associates of ours coming over for dinner in about an hour or so. Would you mind getting ready?" Alessandro requested politely. I nodded my head before skipping out of the library heading towards my room to take a shower and get dressed for the dinner.

15 minutes later...

I solemnly got out of the shower, immediately feeling the cold air hitting my skin making me shiver. I wrapped the fluffy towel around my body before leaving my bathroom, heading to my massive walk-in closet. I scanned over the closet seeing if I could find a dress to wear to the dinner. My eyes finally landed on a beautiful dress, a white dress with blue flowers on it that made my skin look amazing.

I did my usual routine of covering my visible bruises before glancing at the time to see how much time I have left to quickly curl my hair

I did my usual routine of covering my visible bruises before glancing at the time to see how much time I have left to quickly curl my hair. 40 minutes, perfect. I should have enough time to blow dry my hair really fast then curl it. I might even have some time left over to play on my phone.

I finish curling the last strand of hair, letting out a sigh of relief. I unplug my curling iron before belly flopping onto my bed beginning to scroll through TikTok. Just a few videos in I hear my name being shouted downstairs by my dad telling me the guest are here for the dinner.

"Why, I just got to relax" I groan before jumping out of bed and heading down the many flights of stairs to the front door. I jump off of the last step seeing all my family shaking the hand of a man that I can't quite see due to his back being turned and my brothers surrounding him. Eventually, my dad notices me and the look of boredom on his face diminishes, quickly followed by the look of pride.

"Mr. Miller, I would like to introduce you to my one and only daughter, Isabella." My father announces as all my brothers look towards me, moving to the side so that the guest could see me. Once the man turns around, I lock eyes with the very man that haunts my nightmares, the man that I never ever wanted to see again.