||7||

Statue of Liberty_

"Something about this Lady Liberty seems... Off," I was looking at the giant shield attached to where the iconic flaming torch thing was supposed to be.

"It does look odd," youth pastor Peter nodded, landing next to me as he finished setting up his part of the trap.

I shot a web up to a piece of scaffolding and tied the syringe to it before securing it in place.

"Alright guys, it'll be any minute now," young Peters voice came across our comms.

"Yep, almost done," youth pastor Peter replied as he shot another one up to a part of the scaffolding just a bit higher than where we were.

Once he did we both swung up to the top where red suit Peter was waiting.

"You know, Max was like the sweetest guy ever," red suit Peter said, "before he fell into a pool of electric eels."

"That'll do it," youth pastor Peter joked.

"I would 100% be very cranky if I fell into a pool of eels," I agreed, "does not sound fun."

I pressed my pendant against my chest and pressed the button, allowing my suit to cover my body.

Once it was out, I pulled back my mask and looked around before youth pastor Peter began to stretch.

"Oh. Yeah. There it goes," he muttered.

"You OK?" red suit Peter asked.

"Your old man bones too creaky for this action?" I joked, the pair just shot me a funny look and I put my hands up in mock surrender, "honestly don't know how old you guys are but you look older than me so..."

They laughed slightly and shook their heads.

".. Its just my back," youth pastor Peter reluctantly told us, "it's kind of stiff from all the swinging, I guess."

"Oh. Yeah. No, I got the middle back thing too," red suit Peter nodded.

"You guys are not doing anything to help my whole 'you are old' picture," I laughed, they both just sighed.

"You want me to crack it?" red suit Peter offered.

"Yeah," youth pastor Peter nodded, I just shook my head and let out a small laugh before sitting down on some stairs just behind him, "yeah, that'd be great."

"Alright," red suit Peter nodded as the two met in the middle and red suit Peter lifted youth pastor Peter up (god I need better nicknames for these guys come on brain, work) and cracked his back for him.

"How is it?" red suit Peter asked.

"Wow. That's good. That's better," youth pastor Peter nodded.

"Right? Yeah," red suit Peter was proud of himself.

"Hey," I called out to them, they looked to me curiously, "you called me f/n l/n earlier. Is she your earths equivalent of me? What's she like. I'm curious."

"Oh. The y/n on my world was awesome," red suit Peter told me, leaning against a metal beam.

"Was?" I repeated, "as in past tense?"

"Yeah, she was always sick and ended up dying on some tropical island far from the city and noise," he replied, "it was apparently really peaceful for her."

"Were you guys friends?" I asked.

"Yeah. For a bit," he nodded, "not for long though. Her boyfriend didn't like me that much."