||13||

When I opened my eyes again, I found myself in the forest again.

In front of me was Hartley.

"Mr Hartley, sir," I offered him my hand with a smile, "what do you say we get you back to your family, hm?"

"I think... That'll be a good idea," he nodded, taking my hand.

I noticed a pair of glasses on the ground beside us and picked them up.

"Here, I think you need these," I passed him the spectacles.

He gladly took them and put them on.

We both began to walk back towards Argent's mansion where members of my team were waiting in their black official looking cars and very fancy suits.

"Send him home," I told them, they nodded and opened a door for him. I stopped him before he climbed into the vehicle.

"You and your family will be protected," I told him, "so you don't need to worry about anything. I'll come find you for information on what you remember before your ice rampage later."

"OK," Hartley nodded, "thank you... You know, for saving me."

"And thank you for the opportunity I had," I smiled.

"Opportunity?" he repeated, confused.

What? Does he not remember?

"Oh. It's nothing," I patted his shoulder, "have a good evening."

He nodded and got into the car before they drove away.

I turned to Argent and his guests.

"Mr Argent," I spoke to him directly, "to prevent situations such as this occurring again, please treat your employees with respect. That's all from me. Spiderwoman out."

I shot a web to the forest and swung out, making it seem like I was leaving when in reality I was swinging back around to the room I'd changed in and transformed back out of my suit just to remember I'd changed in the other world.

Expecting to see the clothes I'd bought on my body, I let out a sigh in frustration, already thinking about what I was going to have to say to explain this outfit but was quickly surprised to find that I was in my dress and heels again. Not only that but my hand had healed up.

It looked almost like I wasn't impaled with a blade in the first place.

Not only that but all my bruises I was expecting to be there were gone too.

"Amazing," I muttered before climbing out the window and sneaking around to the group of rich party goers and acting like I was there the whole time.

"Alright," Argent turned to us, "I think it's best we hold off on the last of the fundraiser. My house isn't in the best of shape so we'll reschedule. Please make your way back home safely."

He turned and walked away back into his mansion that was clearly very damaged.

Didn't realise we did all of that. Crazy.

Cars came driving around and people climbed into the ones they arrived in.

It didn't take long before I was in mine and we were driving back to the base.

"Leonor," I spoke through the comms that connected the drivers to the back seat as I changed out of the dress and into a f/c shirt, jeans and some trainers, "Stop by a McDonald's on the way home. I'm starving."

"Of course, Spiderwoman," he confirmed.

"Let's by some for the whole team," I said once I'd finished changing, "we've got a lot of work to do and so little time to do it."