Collage arrival

Grace pov

" mom, mama. I've made my decision. I dont even want to fly to Chicago or DC I am going to Stanford." My mothers look at me mom with a face of shock and pride and mama with an unreadable face one I have recived many times.

" grace. Why do you want to go to Stanford." Mama asks. I think then respond " they have big enough courses that I won't miss much when I have to leave for international duty, I like California and I like the history of this school."  " what are you going to study?" Mom asks.

" I want to major in physiology and minor in sports medicine." " why those?" Mama asks getting in the car.

" because once I retire witch I plan to be in about a decade and a half it will provide a good business opportunity and I think I could learn skills in those courses that I can use to help me and all or my current and future teammates moving forward." " well I am glad you thought this out grace."   " I haven't really had much else to think about." They both laugh as we take the rental car back to the airport.

The next week goes by in daily training and the constant day to day.

Then I have to tell the Arsenal coach about vomiting to Stanford so that I can't play for Arsenal.

Me and my mothers walk into the meeting room with the coach. " why did you guys need to meet before training?" He asks.

" so you know how I just graduated highschool right?" " yes I know this." " well I can't play for Arsenal any more." " why?" " I have commited to Stanford and I will be posting about it soon and then move into the athletic dorms for summer team stuff even if most of the new freshman won't be there."

We talk more with coach and then go to training. I was told that this would be my last training with Arsenal until I graduate.

Well this sucks not only being off my game but not being able to practice for two weeks before we fly to America to get me settled for four years. Thats intense.

————-

" hello Medima's how are you ladies." A lady greats me and mama while mom parks the car. " hello we are here for coach Emily and coach mark." " well I'm coach Emily anyone else joining you two."

Just then mom walks in so coach Emily says " if you three are able to we could go ahead and take grace's things to her room before meeting with mark."

The four of us walk to the car and each grab something. I have three big plastic totes with clothes or decorations then I have a school bag that has all of the books I would need already bought then I have two soccer bags one with national team stuff and then what I already have for the school and that's pretty much what I have for the next four years unless I buy stuff.

Emily helps the three of us carry stuff and leads us to my room. She lets us in and says " you will be rooming with another freshman who is a defender named Tierna Davidson." My mothers exchange a look that I can't read and Emily says " I will leave you three to get grace unpacked the team is providing lunch every day and dinner every other day minus Sunday during this summer program." " thank you coach Emily." With that she leaves.

" why did you two look at each other like that." Mom laughs and mama chuckles then says " do you know who your roommate for the next four years is." Mama asks " she said Tierna Davidson." I replied.

" Gracie do you know who Davidson is." " no." Mama closes her eyes sighs and says " she is the youngest uswnt player she is a left back with a very stony attitude." " ok. How dose that bother me."

" grace she is your same personality you guys will but heads will likely fight." Mom says taking out my bed clothes.

I sigh knowing that my mothers are likely right.

After two and a half hours my side of the room is set up and my closet is full my desk spread with my books.

The door opens and a girl about two inches shorter then me with dark brown hair and a gray green blue set of eyes walks through the door.

I can't help to feel intimidated by her confidence and to notice how pretty she actually is.

Tierna pov.

I walk into my dorm as directed by one of my coaches. As soon as I open the door I see two of the biggest names in English club history and the girl I know as their daughter.

I cough and say " hello." The older wemon replie hi and give their daughter a hug and say " we are going to check into our hotel." They nod bye to me and close the door. I move around the room pretty silently the chose to turn on music in my headphones.

As I move about hanging up and folding my laundry I start to hum.

" why don't you put that on speaker." That's the first thing she's said in almost an hour and a half but she sounds kind. She has a very mixed accent with a powerful but sweet voice I just wonder what her voice sounds like in certain situations.

I listen and put the radio station on on my speaker and sing out loud as I finish unpacking.

Grace pov

How should I feel about this girl. I hate the way she seems so confident but has barely sand a word.

" for fucks sake!" I turn to see her jumping around on one leg holding her toe. This makes me laugh.

" not funny." She says glaring at me. " hey you seem so uptight and in your own worth so it's funny to see you be so not graceful."

She looks at me dumbfounded and says " what made you think that." " the way you walked and didn't care about my mothers or really any of the people the way you sing out loud just all of it."

" grace I know who your mothers are believe me both of them scare me on the field honestly I wish I would have played against you but listen it's confidence that let me walk in here the way I did not completely terrified that my parents just loaded my car and said here's the directions."