Emotions

Grace pov

"Professor where is the proof that that mindset works?" " there are a few studies other than the one I taught today. Stay after class"

" ok grace I don't think you were paying attention. See I assigned three reading on this subject what has you so messed up?"   " listen. You need to know this for your future career and your current career ok." " yes ma'am."

" ok so I need you to write a paper on how being aware of success is not rude or cocky but important for mental health." " ok. Is there a mandatory word count?" " no. Just get it done. It's due Friday at the end of class. Please pay attention tomorrow."

My phone starts buzzing " yeah." " what are you doing next month." " class and the finals for ncaa." " the tournament is at the begging of the month right." " yes. What's wrong." " as soon as you win the tournament you need to fly home." " what's wrong." " your mother will have to have your brother two months early meaning the end of next month." " oh. Is mom ok." " umm I can't tell anymore grace. It's hard." " mama can you come watch me play?" " I'll have to ask your mom." " mama it's so hard. I just want to be held." " oh baby." " and I just got a new girlfriend and I feel bad cause I don't actually like her." " ok tell me about that." " well mama she's hot she's kind but I don't ever see a future with her past the bedroom and maybe some coffee." " grace why would you tell me that gross." " mama please." " do you like someone else." " yes." " then break up with this girl that you can't see yourself with and go after the girl you like."

" how do you know that will work?" " because I know that the third person you date will likely be you best love. Listen you loved Jessie because she's so sweet young love. You love you current girlfriend because she is beautiful lustful love. You love this girl you have a crush on for no reason but you can't shake it."

" who did you date for you to know this." " a girl named Anna from the time I was fourteen to eighteen. I dated her because we were both learning. She helped me come out. And my final was of course your mother. Because but the girl I loved because she was hot well we're are the best of friends now. For two years me and Dann messed around. We taught each other more about what not to do but we learned now we're both married to our real loves."

" mama." I say voice breaking. " I'm scared now."  " what now my sweet girl." " the World Cup the ncaa tournament this new girl. It's all so much and I have an assignment that's so hard and I just can do it." " you can and you will."  " go hang out with one of your friends. Maybe that Katie girl you told me about."

" thanks mama I love you. Tell mom I love her too. I'll do my best to be home as soon as possible."

I hear crying the second I step into my dorm.

I quickly put my bag down and go to the bathroom.  I see her on the floor tears streaming like a River. I pick her up and she starts fighting me. " tierna you need to breath. Listen to my heart beat breath with my." I start to take deep breaths moving to her bed since it's actually clean.

" shhh it's ok." She mumbled something but I can't here. " don't talk until you want to. What happened."

" she. She she." " did Alison hurt you." Her tears get bigger. " did she hit you." " no."  " what did she do."  " she kissed Jacob."  " you mean that dickwad on the basketball team." " yeah."

She turns around and faces me. " grace what's wrong." " I might miss the tournament." " why." " my mom is going to have the baby two months early because he's growing to fast or something like that and this national window my great grand dad is sick and I just don't know what to do with mal either."

" she is my friend I don't want to take sides but you do know she has a huge crush on Jessie right." " yeah I know and all we do is sleep." " then call her up and say your through before one of you hurts the other to deep to heal."

" can you tell me more about what Alison did so I know how mean I need to be to her during practice." " no. But it's bad enough that I want you to go get some sugary stuff and when you get back hold me and I might tell you more."

The trust she is placed in me. France is going to be crazy now with how close we have gotten.

I make my way to get three flavors of ice cream get some cookies and a bunch of other stuff. I'm glad That we have a mini fridge with some freezer space.

" I'm back." I say in a creepy high pitched voice. " welcom to hell." She responds in a deep gravely voice.

We both break down laughing until tears are flowing freely from joy.

" we are seriously missing practice to watch Disney." She says. I lean over her shoulder and grab a handful of skittles.

" yeah well it's not everyday you get cheated on and told you need to break up with your second love."

" you need to call her." " fine."

I click her contact and she answers third ring. " mal pal can we talk." " I headed to a party with Jessie and the team so I don't have long." " ok well I heard rumors that you are kissing on my ex." " you mean Jessie." I can hear her gritting her teeth through the phone. " yeah I mean Jessie." " not kissing just crushing but I know we are still a thing so I didn't do anything." " well mal. I don't feel much with you anymore but I want to end this the real way in person." " no. We were never really daiting and you just said it your self. Grace I'm breaking up with you." " okay mal."

I hang up and walk back into the room.

" she told me she loved me." T says looking at me with fresh tears " and then she went and pulled that move."  I run to her bed and hold her tight " I can't do it anymore grace I don't want to."

I recognize that thought those ideas and fear is what I feel. I hold her I grab some of the candy and hand it to her.

She cries herself to sleep and I go to the bathroom. I hide any of our Medicean and make sure we don't have anything sharp.

I look at my arm. The marks still there from my early teens.   I go back to the room and fall asleep.

I wake up when her alarm goes off.   I turn around and watch her stretch. " t we need to talk." " what do we need to talk about." " you said you were done that you didn't want to anymore. I need to know if you were serious."
" I wasn't I think the emotions just went through me."  " t you scared me. Please don't do that please."

She moves and sits next to me " grace why did it scare you so much. No one has ever had a reaction that big to that stament from anyone."

I show her my arm and my side.