Holidays

I am out of class until the second week of January so we spend the holidays in Scotland.

My mamas parents fly in along with Lars.

As we sat at the table waiting for my grandmothers to stop arguing about the cookies we start conversations on last year.

" do you rember mom and dad freaking out that first year v?" Lars asks. " yeah. Because you called me literal days before we were going to show up and usually mom and dad don't watch games when we are in different time zones and you told them too and so I was in trouble because of you."

As if in a supper hero movie a sugar cookie comes flying in like hero granny attacking. I watch as one hits mama and the other hits Lars.

My grandpas start laughing and mom was videoing so she send the video to the Arsenal girls.

" mama you were in trouble because you should have told your parents right away not wait six months and then schedule my first cap before meeting them. It's your fault for not planing well."

" whatever grace. Go get your brother." I roll my eyes but go upstairs to get him. He's twenty four days old. And is my brother.

My phone starts buzzing but I can't get to it fast enough and mom answers.

I hand mama cam and try to grab my phone from mom. Mom starts laughing and I wonder who called.

" mom." I whine as she moves away from me. " give her her phone." Her mom says. Mom moves away from the speaker " no I like this drama im hearing."

With that I stop playing around and grab the phone from her hand.

When I move away and everyone tries to get the phone. I just reach it above my head so only Lars has a chance of getting it. But as always my uncle just sits there.

" im finally away from my family. My mom said  drama. What did you acedently tell her?" " I told her that mal and Jessie are finally together and that andi and drew got caught kissing and all of the drama the sonnet and Kelley started and that I missed you." " I miss you too t." I say

We don't talk and before I know it I'm asleep.

I wake up to laughing. I look for it and find it on the phone. I pick it up and switch to face time " whose there?" I question. Who I know as sonnet picks up the phone and says " so your the girlfriend she talks to every night." " sonnet it's to early." I say and hang up.

Her teammates think I'm her girlfriend. I wonder what my family thinks.

I laugh a little when I hear my brother wake up and mom say " get up he's yours." To mama as if she isn't the one who had to push him out.

I spent another hour or so on my phone before going downstairs. " so who were you talking to all night?" Grandpa asks as I make a hot chocolate. " my roommate called and I fell asleep on the phone." " just your roommate huh?" I roll my eyes and contemplate a sarcastic respond and say " yeah sadly roommate." He just chuckles and says " your mother said the same things."

Like all of break the extended family just move around minding there own. Stoping to talk a little here and there and cam is always in someone's arms.

" hey mama." " hmm." " how far will we go in the cup." " finals." " will we win." " no more talk."

" you know if you call me anymore than you do my families going to think I have a stalker."

" well my team already thinks I'm daiting you." " like you could ever land me." " what ever ugly." " says you feo fucker."

" hey watch the language." Someone shouts.

We both laugh knowing neither of us mean it.

" so how's camp." " sonnet is annoying she broke into my room this morning." " I heard she told me I was your girlfriend." " oh did she now." " yeah to bad I'm out of your league." " no I'm out of your league." " that's not a high bar Davidson." I say laughing. " grace I got to go. It was good talking" she says hanging up.

I hate every minute of every call we have while loving it all the same.

" grace. Why are you always smiling when your on the phone?" Grams asks " my roommate and one of my best friends calls me a lot not realizing she's calling me three hours late." " yes talking to friends is always worth a smile." She says with a wink.

What is with everyone and my phone calls.

We sit down for presents and go in circles. My moms got each other necklaces. I got the some new charms for our charm bracelets. And I got a lot of clothes and school supplies witch I'm not mad about.

As we are all putting our stuff in our rooms I hear my moms talking. " Lisa I just want to have fun let me take her please." " no Vivianne. You will not be taking her with you." " Lisa it's better if she goes with me and not some random kids." " I don't care if you take her you will go a month without." " you would hurt your self doing that."

They keep arguing a little bit I can't hear them anymore. I wonder what they were talking about.

I sit by the tv watching NCIS with cam. I'm just waiting for the call that comes every night.

Before I get to my ringing phone mama hangs it up and says " go put on something nice but not fancy." " why." " your old enough and I finally convinced your mom to let me take you out."

I take cam to mom and go get change like I was told.

I put on black ripped skinny jeans and a tight t shirt and a black jacket.