Fun at the park

Viv pov

I just got off the phone with grace when Kim called Lisa and said that she'd be by tomorrow evening. Lisa invited her for dinner so I'm cooking.

Cam runs up to me and says " mama go park please please." I check the time and see that it's only around ten. That means that Lisa is expected home in about two to three hours after an appointment and nails day with Beth and one of her childhood friends that is visiting.

So I say " ok bud. Do you want to grab your boots or your trainers?" " both." He shouts running to go get his toys and shoes. I sigh knowing I'm going to be chasing him all over the park end up playing tag and then some football then hide and seek the pretend with all of his toys that Anna and Jill got him for his birthday this year.

I go to the back room get my bag put in a pair of good trainers my old cleats not my nice ones his cleats and both my size five and his size three ball. I hear him running through the house yelling for me. I say " backroom bud ready."

He walks in wearing mismatched shoes a burger green shirt and a card patterned pair of shorts with his smaller bag of toys. " hey cam let's go pick out a different outfit." " I wear your shirt." He whines. " ok you can wear my jersey." I go to his room. And find his number eleven arsenal jersey and a pair of black shorts with black adidas runners. " tanks mama." No problem bud. Now you ready to go." " yes."

I grab the two bags my phone and my keys. I send a message to Lisa and then lock the door.
" mama pity back?" Cam asks soon after the park comes into view. So I kneel down and help him up onto my shoulders.

" so what you want to do first?" I ask sitting out stuff by the bench we are usually at near the swings. " swing high mama."

And so off he runs to one of the counter balance swings. I help him into the small side and stand on the swing side and start rocking. The next thing we do is mess around with the ball on the malch. But then he want to go to the field that has a boots only policy so I quickly change into mine then help him with his.

Nearing noon we grab a small snack and I take some headache and other medicines. Then as predicted he asks to play two person tag. I love playing tag with him especially after one of his practices when his best friends Ben and John are around.

Then we play with the characters before a melt down starts. " can bud sit down." I say trying not to raise my voice as another family comes to the park. He starts running around in the grass not listening to me. " Camden stop it now. You know this is not how you behave in public!" I shout finally losing my cool the other family turns as Cam walks over head low. He stops a foot in front of me and I say " now what's wrong. Bud." " I lost my purple bronciosours." " ok we'll find it. Can we go sit." We go to the bench agin and I sit pulling out our waters.

" cam can I tell you a little secret." I say in a secretly tone. " wha mama." He says voice still a little horse and watery. " I picked up your Dino as soon as I saw you dropped it." " wha how." " cause I watch my little boy. And when I watched you go under the play scape I saw it fall out of your hand and I picked it up."

" thank you mama so much tank yu." A few seconds later a dad and daughter about eight walk by. The girl dose a double take then turns on her heel. She runs up and says excitedly " are you Viv miedema."  I look up from cam and say " yes how can I help you." " can I please get a picture." " yes. Give me a minute and let me talk to your dad over there please."

The girl ran off and came back dragging her dad with her. " cam buds. Can you sit on the bench. Stay on the bench and finish your drawing while I go to the other side of the bench." " why." He say pouting " it's work buddy. You know those big games you go to some times." " fine." He says half disappointed half sad. Based on his tone I know I need to be quick.

I go to the girls father and say " you kind daughter asked kindly for a picture but I must ask that you keep my son out of your pictures." He says " I get that. It's so cool that rechal got to meet you outside of a stadium. She really loves you and the rest of the girls." I smile standing next to her. She smiles wide and when we are done she look at me and says " thank you so much. I like grace more though." Then she runs off to where I assume her mother is. I look back to her father and he says " she's a goalie. She really loves you though your kinda why she chose keeping. Thank you so much for the pictures and I admire how kind you were to us dipitie being here with your kid." " no problem have a nice day."

I go back to cam. He is still engrossed in his drawing. " cam ready to go home and eat with mommy." " yeah." He says excitedly.

About a block away from the park he starts to slow down so I pick him up and carry him the rest of the way home. He even fell asleep.

When we get home I hand him off to Lisa and go shower and put on more muscle cream. Today was supposed to be recovery day.

About thirty minutes later he wakes up from his nap and lunch is ready. I made him some chicken nuggets smiling vegetables and a fruit cup. I made me a Lisa grilled chicken pasta with some broccoli and bananas.

I wish I wasn't still in that stupid in season diet. Me and Lisa talk quietly. Cam is eating slowly and still drawing his dinosaur model.

For being five he has so real talent and laser foucus on his drawing. So I tell Lisa about
The meltdown and the. The little girl. I leave out some of the fun stuff.