Chapter 2

Aisha and shamisya Turned my room upside down! Clothes everywhere, on the floor, on my bed and even on the couch. They were trying to find a nice outfit for me to wear because my soon to be husband is coming in two hours.

"Aisha is my childhood friend and also my cousin, my mom and her mom are sisters, we leave in the same street. We were in their house when Ammi called, that we should come back home.

"So what's his name again?" Aisha asked.

"Adnan sagir Abdullah i think" shamisya replies her.

I just pray he is really a good guy just as Dad said.

Ammi talked to me and asked if I was okay with it and I told her I am. But really I'm not fine with marrying someone I don't know!

Aisha and shamisya gave me a pep talk that calm my nerves.

Aisha picked a green and white Ankara gown, " I think this will do"

Not this please said shamisya

They have been arguing on what I'm going to wear for awhile now.

I sighed softly. Babes, I'm going to pick my outfit myself, it seems you guys can't come to an agreement on what am to wear.

I decided to go with my milk and maron Ankara gown.

I wore the gown and sat down on the edge of the bed. Babes I'm done.

Aisha grinned "yes! Makeup"

I gave the are you serious look 🙄

Come on Mami, just a little please she begged.

"Mami please, even if it's a little " shamisya chirped in.

Aisha is a makeup artist, they kept begging me until I agree to apply a little.

After what feels like ages Aisha asked me to look at the mirror.

And wow! I look beautiful. The makeup is very light, just natural makeup. 

Wow Aisha not bad, I smiled. Aisha help me tie my scarf perfectly. Shamisya is downstairs she went to receive our guest, or should I say my soon to be husband.

Wow! Sis you look hot, said shamisya as soon as she entered the room.  Mami he is in Abba's living room.

I felt my heart skipped a beat, I'm so scared walahi.

God Mami he's so damn hot! So handsome! She says. Aisha gave me a go ahead nod.

I walked out of the room descended from the stairs, my heart is beating faster than usual. I reached baba's living room.  I took a deep breath before I said my Salam and entered.

"Wa Alaikum Salam." A deep husky voice replied.

He was sitting on the two seater. I slowly walked to the farthest couch in the room and sat down.

All this while,  I have my head bent low, I greeted.

"Ina wuni"

"Lafiya, how are you?"

"I'm fine Alhamdulillahi, and you?" I replied and raised my head to look at him.

He wore a black kaftan with a golden embroidery around the neck and a matching Zanna bukar cap, Which was marvelously perched on his head, His beard neatly shaved. He is drop dead gorgeous, MashaAllah.

How can a guy be this handsome,  please?

"Maryam right?" He asked in that deep husky voice of his and I nodded"

Are you done with school?" He asked again.

"No, I'm in my last year "

"That's good, what are you studying?"

"Law" I said and he nodded.

I excused myself and went to the kitchen to get him something to drink.
I came back with water, zobo, juice, cookies and samosas.

I dropped them at the center table.
"What would you like to take?"

He smiled. "Water please"

"Are you sure? This zobo is really nice, I think you should try it". I said

"Okay, if you insist" He replied.  I poured the zobo into a glass cup and handed it to him.

He smiled". Jazakallah Khairan"
He took a sip and furrowed his brows.

Doesn't he like the zobo?

Don't you like it? I asked.

"No no no, I like it. It tastes wonderful really! Did you make it?"

I smiled.  "Yes I did"

"MashaAllah, it's nice"

Then we both went silent again

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

His question made me yank my head up. "No I don't"

He cleared his throat. "I should get going now.

"Okay" I said in a low voice which I doubt he heard.

I walked him to the door.

"It's nice meeting you Maryam." He said.  There's just the way he says my name.

"You too"

Asalam Alaikum, how are you all doing? Hope you are all doing great.  How is the preparation of Ramadan 😋😁.

How did you like this chapter? 😊😊
Please do share with your friends and vote🙏.