Chapter 11

Abuja...

Two months flew by quickly, Maryam  won't say she is very happy but Alhamdulillah, things are just the way it was since she got married. Having a mother-in-law that hates her with passion and having a rival who intends to pursue her from Adnan life for good.

She is gradually getting used to her new life and surprisingly, she is not as fidgety of having Adnan around her either. She is starting to get a little comfortable with his presence now, the awkwardness has reduced.

******
She was dressed in a black straight skirt and pink off shoulder top, she just exited the bathroom after a long refreshing bath. She went downstairs and into the kitchen. she groaned, she have no idea of what to cook. Today Adnan will be coming to her place since it her turn.

Adnan will be home soon and from what she knows is that he loves coming home to meet food.

She sighed as she check through her kitchen cabinets trying to get inspiration of what to cook, it is already pass Asr prayer.

Finally settling for pasta with meatballs and kidney sauce. She set to work making the food nice and appetizing, she decided to make fruit salad, she was sprinkling ice sugar on the fruit salad when the door bell rang. She quickly keep the plate of fruit salad in the fridge and walk leisurely to the door.

"Asalamu Alaikum" he said

"Wa'alaikum salaam, welcome home" she smiled. 

"Thanks, work was so tiring wallahi today, I'm so knackered " he sighed.

"You'll tell me all about it over dinner, now go freshen up, I'll go set the table" He nodded with a smile and I walked back to set the tables. Few minutes later he came down wearing a grey tank top and back sweatpant.

One thing is for sure I'm still not used to this look of his, the way his muscles set an all.

Let's not even get started with his handsome face.

MashaAllah

May Allah protect him from all evil eyes.

"Maryam?" Adnan snapped.

"Yes" I shook my head, waving all the crazy thoughts.

"Are you alright?" He asked worried.

"Yeah Yeah let's eat" I served him and serve myself. He told me about his day, I'm not ready to even start working. It sounds so tiring.

We finished munching on our food we cleared the tables together and we made our way to the living room.

Uhhm "I was thinking maybe I could go visit home tomorrow, "

"Sure why not"

******

"I'm here" I walked into my house, I mean my dad's house without bothering to knock or press the door bell.

"Sannu Hajiya" Ya muhmmad said

"Yauwa" ya aiki?

"And she replied, it looks like you've grown some wings" work is fine. How are you doing?

"Ya muhmmad Kenan, Ina Ammi

"She's in her room, he said and I thanked him and walked to Ammi room.

"Asalamu Alaikum"

"Wa'alaikum salaam Maryam "

"Ina yini"

"Lau, come sit" she tapped a place beside her on her queen sized bed and I went ahead and sat down.

"Ya gida how are you doing , is everything okay? "

Everything is fine Ammi. Is dad around?

He went out to visit a colleague. Where is your husband are you guys not together?

"No Ammi I came alone, he is busy so he couldn't come visit.

"Are you sure you are okay Mami? Why do you come visit out of the blue.

"Ohhh, Ammi I missed you so much wallahi " I laid my head on her shoulder.

"She pushed my head off. That is not an excuse Mami, you are married now you can't just come over here just because you miss anyone. You have just been married for two months and you are already coming to visit, what will people think.
It is enough that your husband got married again a week after your wedding, we can't have people thinking otherwise. You have a co-wife for crying out loud Maryam you are not supposed to be here, it is to early to come visit.

"You need to take care of your husband and home. You shouldn't let only your co-wife be caring towards him, you are so his wife Maryam you need to show him care and concern. I'm sure you don't even know his birthday is in a week, but your co-wife is already planning alot for him and you are here coming to visit. You have the same rights and duty as your co-wife do Maryam, you have to make him love you too. Don't forget the heart only treasure the one who is always passionate towards it.

🌷🌷🌷🌷
It been awhile 🙁
Please vote and comment