Chapter 3

It was the eve to what was supposed to be the best and most important day of my life. The house is overcrowded with relatives and friends. Some i haven't seen in more than twelve years and some I don't even know.

The chills I felt as i get ready this morning were like none I've ever experienced before. I almost felt paralyzed albeit emotionally. I didn't mind Fatima bossing me around I only want to get everything done and over with.

I don't even know why the house is this crowded and why we have so many guests when the wedding is in a week.

The house is so crowded. I wanted to growl and scream and send them out, especially those aunties who only came so they could gossip about how expensive my wedding is going to be and what the groom side are going to bring.

I was told that the kayan lefe were to be brought today and the bride shouldn't be around so me, my friends and my closest cousins are going for an outing.

"Ke Madam go and get ready or you want them to come and meet us" Fauziyya said. 

"Okay ma, am going " I stood up and went to my closet and wore a brown and white Ankara skirt and blouse. I applied kohl, powder and lip gloss then draped a matching veil.

"Let's go " I muttered.

"Am not going fah" Nusaiba said. 

"Nima" Sadika came into the room. She's Aisha sister.

"Why not" Aisha asked.

"Actually I want to stay here and see, I don't want to miss anything, but don't worry I'll send you the dets" Nusaiba said.

"I also want to stay" Sadika said.

"Alright" I replied.

We went out to the parking space after a session of greetings and congratulations. Zeenat being the driver we went for ice cream.

My phone buzzed notifying me of a new message after I took my last spoon of ice cream. I checked it and it's from Nusaiba.

Girl I don't even have the words for this, am so speechless - Nusaiba💙

You don't have to say it toh- me

Ke harda car key, my jaw dropped on the flow, the jewelries Goddd. She sent me a voice note.

I'll slap you through whatsapp if you don't keep quiet- me

She didn't listen, she continued sending me messages telling me how the lefe is. I told her I don't want to know but the girl is still sending me messages. I turned on silent mode and tucked my phone back into by bag.

How many events " Yusra asked.

"5" Yasmin replied.

"Me I don't know why am having 5 events, it's an arranged marriage for crying out loud"

It was 6 or 7 before but because of the way you've been complaining it's now 5" Yusra said.

"Didn't you hear what dada said, he said I want my Mami wedding to be memorable, his words not mine" shamisya said.

I brought out my phone from my bag to meet 12 messages from from Nusaiba and 1 from sadika. I ignored nusaiba and opened sadika.

They're gone - Sadika⚘

"Sadika just sent me a message that their gone"

"Okay mu tafi toh" Yusra said.

We alighted the car after zeenat parked and went to the living room, while the rest went to my room.

"Mami muje dakina kiga abun da Adnan ya kawo miki (let's go to my room so you can see what Adnan brought)" Ammi said and dragged me to the room.

"Look 15 Louis Vuitton boxes and most of the cosmetics and deodorants are Victoria Secret products " Ammi  said.

"Oh wow" I smiled, the girls were busy checking the stuff, I don't even know when they got here.

I went back to my room and met Yusra, Nusaiba and Fatima in my room talking about something. I went to the bathroom and took a shower, got out and went to my closet to put on my pajamas.

I typed Adnan a message.

Thanks for the beautiful boxes - me

I love it - me

I'm glad you love it 😊 - Adnan

I went back to the girls, we had an all night up. We watched some romantic movies and talked about everything and nothing.

********

Adnan POV

I was right, today was the most stressful day I had had in a long time though my stress was mostly mentally.  I tried my best to suppress it but I could hardly focus on anything except what was set to happen. My wedding to Maryam. Our wedding.

I knitted my brows, perhaps for the zillionth time that day, and let out an uneven breath.

It's wasn't helping that my cousin Anisa is here in my office with her friends to pester me and destroy the perfect serenity of my office. Her so called crew.

I had no idea why this much people were required just to choose me a wedding attire.

I don't like the colors of babban riga they're showing me. It isn't that I don't like colours, I just like the simplicity of black was always the best choice to make.

"Isn't there anything black? Or grey at least?" I queried.

They all went rummaging only for Anisa to tell me they had no outfits of those colours and it was impossible to make them in such a short period.

"How about beige?" Someone from the crew suggested.

It was a nice compromise and I found the slightly brown, slightly ash looking babban riga okay.

"This will do." I handed the cloth back to Anisa.
"Shikenan ko? (That's all right?)" I asked Anisa hoping that it was the end of this distracting session and I could get back to work, it was already almost 1pm.

"Yes yes Yaya that's all, you can get to your busy life now". She said almost rolling her eyes and her crew started packing up to leave. Finally.

********
Maryam POV

Ammi and Aunty sadiyah travelled 4 days after the kayan lefe was brought to get the house furnitures.
They got everything one could ever ask for. Ya Amina and Ya Rashida are in charge of the interior design.
Yusra and fauziya are in charge of clothing, they asked of my opinion about the kind of dresses I want.
I don't want a grand wedding but they're insisting I have one.

The girls literally forced us to take the pre wedding pictures, the pictures were decent. Adnan wasn't against it at all.

Hey guys!😊 Ramadan Mubarak 🌙
Thank y'all for reading 😊⚘