Chapter 23

Luke was happily cuddling with Calum in his arms.

He'd gone to rescue the boy from solitude an hour ago, and the boy was still sniffling and shuddering as he calmed himself down. Luke gently rubbed his back, whispered calming things, and told him it woul be okay. Calum desperately wanted to believe him.

"We're not mad at you, Cally, it's all right," Luke told him.

"You h-hate me," he whispered.

Luke shook his head.

"No, we could never hate you,"

Calum shrugged.

"You're m-mad at me, that I keep disobeying,"

Luke sighed.

"Cally, we know it takes an adjustment, we're not mad at you, okay? I promise," he kissed his forehead.

Calum eventually nodded.

He'd had a lot of time to think, and he knew this was his situation now. He accepted it. He could help them, really Help with things. He could be who he wanted with these guys. They never judged him, just freely accepted him for who he was. He could do the same for them.

"I-I think I'm r-ready," Calum muttered.

"For what, baby?" Luke asked, leaning down to hear him.

"To Help,"

Luke raised his eyebrows.

"Y-you mean it? You're done resisting?"

Calum's smile grew as Luke attempted to fight the disbelief on his face.

"Yeah, I want to do this."

"Cally, baby! You have no idea how happy this makes me!" Luke cheered. He knew Calum would finally come around. He giggled, holding Calum's cheeks in his hands and pressing a chaste kiss to his lips.

Calum gasped, but then realized that was probably going to be a normal thing now. He blushed as Luke grinned at him.

"We gotta celebrate!"

"Celebrate what?" Ashton asked, striding into the room and looking at the pair on the couch. Calum was wearing his sweatshirt and a pair of basketball shorts, looking cute with the red blush coating his cheeks. Luke was practically sitting on top of him, grinning like a mad man.

"Cally said he's in! He's going to Help us."

Ashton raised an eyebrow.

"Really?"

Calum nodded.

"Yeah. I'm tired of forcing m-myself to be a person who I'm not. You three...make me feel good about myself. I want to do good, I want to help people. Who's to say what you three do is wrong?"

Ashton felt a huge tension release itself from his body. He could have collapsed and just lay peacefully on the floor forever upon hearing those words.

"But I want to know more," Calum said. He looked at the happy faces of (probably) his new boyfriends. He figured this was also his way of saying he'd be theirs, since that was always part of the deal. That bit scared him a little, but he figured he'd get used to it. He liked their attention, so it couldn't be terrible. "I need to know exactly how things will go, and what my role would be,"

Ashton sat down on the other side of Calum, holding Luke's hand across the back of the couch.

"You aren't stuttering."