Chapter 13

Castle went inside the building and saw Hayley looking worried. He asked, "What's wrong?" Hayley replied, "The body. I know who it is, it's erm, a guy I worked with last night. It was small undercover job. It was from a company before you." Rick said, "Aah it's a person you know, can you think of anything about the person who killed him?" Hayley said, "I wish I'd remembered something about her. A tattoo, a scar..." she took a minute and sighed and said, "You want a laugh? The only thing I recall about this woman is poor Ned fumbling around with her fancy corset." Rick was impressed and said, " Tell me more. Was it cotton or lace?"
Alexis was horrified and said, "Dad that's- ew - gross."
Hayley laugh and asked, "Excuse me perv much?"
Rick said confidently, "I'm deadly serious."
He was sitting at his computer, ready to start typing information. 
Hayley decided to play along, " Okay. It was lace with black leather. Why?"
Rick was busy typing more in google search, "Narrows it down." he asked, "Padded?"
Hayley tried to picture the woman and said " No."
Rick asked "Back or front clasps?"
Hayley  replied, " Back. Clasps and buckles. And it had a metal ring on front with snaps."
Rick remembered and asked, "Were there crystal studs across the décolletage?"
Hayley replied, "Actually, yes."
Rick had a eureka moment and showed the corset on screen he said, " La Seductrice. Now give me a moment to pull up the 2016 Mon Chéri collection."
Hayley looked at the picture and it was perfect, "That's it. That's the one."
Rick casually said, "And voilà, my work here is done."
Alexis was concerned and asked, " Hey, Dad, uh, should I even ask?"
Rick said, "No honey don't worry, it was for my Nikki Heat research."

Alexis and Hayley sighed in relief. Rick sent the picture to Espo and Ryan saying "They're looking for  a woman who bought this in one of their stores it's expensive so there shouldn't be many customers."

Castle came off the pc and sat down on a sofa nearby. Alexis looked at her father and he looked more worried than usual. She asked, "Dad you okay? We'll catch this guy." Rick replied, "Yeah I am great, it's just I am worried about Kate because I don't think she realised that she's pregnant." Alexis screamed, "WHAT? I AM GOING BE A BIG SISTER!" Hayley saw Alexis' excitement and nonchalantly said, "Congratulations." Rick said, "Thanks but my only problem is that Kate doesn't know and I need to be sure." Hayley said, "Sneak a pregnancy test into the precinct and put a box in the toilet to catch the pee wait until Kate's been to the toilet put the pee in a glass phial then test it in somewhere quite." Rick said, "Thanks, that shouldn't be too suspicious." Alexis giggled and said, "Kate used to be a detective and she hasn't even thought that she might be pregnant." Rick said, "Well she focused on so many things at once, I need to go."