11

A few days have passed and I am back in my flat. Jadon was kind enough to drive me home. And the drive was not at all unpleasant, as I had first expected.

He also gave me his number and said if there was anything I could call him anytime. Now I remember why we used to spend so much time together. Not all alone, but with Reiss, of course.

Now I'm sitting here at our table and drinking my coffee, which tastes really bad again.

But I'm actually already used to that.

I wait until it's time to go, because I don't want to be at work too early. I'm afraid of running into Jamie, to be honest.

He probably thinks I was just using him and that I'm with Jadon or something like that.

I look at the clock and see that my train is coming in 10 minutes. So I slowly make my way to the Underground station, so I open the door, walk out and close the door again behind me.

But from my door I notice a young woman at the other end of the corridor, a bit younger than me, dressed all in black. With her hood pulled low over her face, I can barely make her out, but I know she's watching me.

I used to be like that. But I'm glad I'm out of there.

"Hey," she says, coming towards me with her hands in her jacket pocket.

Oh no, this can't be good. I try to ignore her and just keep walking. "Hey! I'm talking to you, stop," she shouts, running a bit and then catching up with me.

"You are Aayana," she says and I stop. I look at her expectantly. What exactly does she want from me now?

"That depends on who wants to know," I say and continue running. She stops for a moment before walking beside me again.

"I want to know," she says again. "And who the fuck are you?", I ask, not looking at her for a second.

"I'm a little disappointed now that you don't know me anymore Aayana," she says again.

"Bloody hell, who the fuck are you?", I ask her again.

"I am Sofia. Mehmets sister ," she says.

I think for a moment. When I remember who Mehmet is, my eyes widen.

"Sofia... Mehmet's sister. Right, I remember. I'm so sorry I didn't recognise you right away. But you have changed completely. How are you? And how is Mehmet?" I ask, smiling a little at her now too.

"Fine," she answers briefly, as if she is here for something in particular.

"What are you doing here alone at night? You know it's not safe here," I say. And I'm not just saying it like that, but because I've already experienced it myself.

When I was 16, I used to walk around here alone. But I always had something with me. Sometimes a knife, sometimes a stun gun, sometimes, but only very rarely, I even had a gun with me when one of my friends lent it to me.

I know Mehmet, very well in fact. He was the leader of our little gang. But when I was still in it, Sofia was only eleven. That's probably why I didn't recognise her.

"I know, I'm certainly armed. But I'm here for a reason. Mehmet sent me," she says again, folding her arms behind her back.

Please, please don't let is be what I think it is.

"Come on, tell me, what is it?" I say.

"A few of its members have been killed. And he heard you were back. He wants you to come back. You've always been the best member and everyone knows it. Not even I can take that place," she says again, smiling a little.