14

"Sorry to wake you, but I have to go now," Jadon wakes me up. I open my eyes and then realise that I have been leaning against him in my sleep.

I immediately pull away from him again and blush a little, but he just laughs and then gets up.

"Where do you have to go?" I ask him and run after him into the kitchen. "I have a game today," he says and takes an apple from the fridge. "Why are your apples in the fridge?", I ask him and sit down at a bar stool."I don't know. I like it when they're cold and crunchy like this," he says and takes a bite.

"And why did you even go out yesterday if you have a game today?", I ask him again. I hope I don't annoy him by asking so many questions."I was actually just there to pick up a friend, but by the time I got there he was already gone. And then I saw you and that guy and how he wouldn't leave you alone," he says, looking deep into my eyes. It's quiet now.

"I can drive you home later, but I have to go to the game first," he says again and takes another bite of the apple.

Then I just text Sofia to bring my stuff home because they are leaving Manchester today anyway.

"Okay, all right," I say and take one look around the kitchen. It's all quite modern and the kitchen is done in white and black, just like the rest of the house.

"When do you have to go exactly?" I ask again. "I'm leaving in 30 minutes," he replies. "And you're only eating this apple? That can't be good," I say and look at him. "Yeah maybe, but I'm really bad at cooking or anything to do with it in general. Pasta is the only thing I know how to make," he says and sits down next to me on a bar stool.

"I have an idea. You change now and pack all your stuff and I'll make you something proper to eat in the meantime", he doesn't say no. But not yes either. In fact, he says nothing at all. So I just stand up, give him a quick "you don't have to try to say no, I'll do it anyway" smile and then get started.

He then disappears and presumably packs his things. When he comes back, there is a ready-made breakfast on the table.

"I've made you scrambled eggs and toast," I say and sit down opposite him. "Aren't you going to eat?" he asks me, confused, when he sees only one plate.

"No. I'm not hungry yet. It's always like that with me after I drink alcohol or something. I just eat later when you're gone or something," I say, avoiding eye contact. But he looks me right in the face and nods only once. Somehow he always knows what I'm thinking. I hope he doesn't notice that I'm lying.

"I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come to the game," he says and puts his fork in his mouth. "Really? But I've never been to a football match before," I say again and he looks at me confused.

"You've never been to Reiss's game?" he then asks me. "No, unfortunately there was no time for that," I answer him somewhat sadly and look at the table. "All the more reason to come along," he says again. "I don't know. I don't have anything to wear and I can't go in my dress from yesterday," I say and giggle a little.

"Why not? I'm sure the people there wouldn't mind," he says again, not looking away from me for a second. Oh God, this man makes me nervous.

"No, seriously. I have enough clothes. Wouldn't be the first time you've worn them when I look at you right now," he says, grinning. I'm blushing again.

"Okay, then I'll come with you," I say and this time I manage not to break eye contact. "You know where my room is?" he asks me and I nod. "Then pick something out. I'll wait downstairs in the car," he says again and I stand up quickly.

I go into his room and to the wardrobe.The wardrobe is almost bigger than my flat in London. What does he have in there?

So I open the first door and many different suits jump into my view. It would be funny if I got into the car in a black suit. But I'd rather not, before he leaves me here after all.