15

In the middle of the night, a soft knocking is heard at the door. I wake up immediately and look in the direction of the door in panic.

Jadon also seems to have heard the knocking, because he comes quietly into the living room. I look in his direction and he also looks at me in confusion.

"Go back into the room and keep the door closed no matter what you hear," I warn him, because I have an exact guess as to who it could be.

"You were sleeping out here on the couch? Why didn't you tell me, I would have let you sleep in your bed ," he says a little angry.

"There's no time for that Jadon," I whisper back to him and he just rolls his eyes in annoyance.

"Who is that?" he asks again, placing his left hand on his hip.

" I'm serious, go back in the room and don't come out no matter what" I warn him again and look at him completely serious.

"No? Why would I let you answer the door all alone in the middle of the night?" he asks again this time a little curious.

"Because I'm telling you. This is my flat and if you are seen, not only are you in trouble, but I am too. Do you understand me?", I ask him again dead serious.

He only shakes his head briefly, as if this were not a good idea, but then he goes back into my room and closes the door.

In the meantime, the knocking on the flat door has increased. So I go to the door, take a deep breath in and out and unlock it.

And just as I expected, Mehmet is standing in front of the door. He is dressed completely in black and only his eyes are visible.

"What do you want here?", I ask him in a whisper. "Let me come in and I'll tell you everything," he says and wants to push the door open.

I push the door back towards him though, so he can't get in. If he sees Jadon here he will kill him. This is not like the club where there are too many people and witnesses, this is Mehmet's territory here, he knows what to do.

"Aayana, I'm serious, let me in," he says again, trying to push the door open again. "I'm serious too, you're not coming in here. We can talk outside but not in here" I suggest instead knowing full well he won't let up as long as he has achieved what he wants.

"OK, then come out," he agrees, so I go out and close the door behind me so that Jadon can't hear any of the conversation.

"You don't have to be afraid. It's nothing bad," he says.

But why does that not reassure me at all.

"Whatever. Just tell me," I answer him, still very suspicious.

"We're flying away," he says.

"Great. But I don't give a shit if you fly away," I tell him. Why is he telling me this?

"I don't think you understood me. We are flying away. You too," he tells me again. And this time I have understood.

"What?" I ask him, shocked.

There's no fucking way I'm flying away with him.

"Never in my entire life will I fly away with you," I admit honestly.

"Yes you will. The plane leaves at 10 o'clock so it's 8 o'clock before the airport. Besides, I'm afraid this isn't a pleasure trip, it's business darling," he says winking at me and leaving.

He doesn't even give me a chance to say no. How will I ever get out of this?

When I open the door again, it opens by itself and Jadon is standing in the doorway.