20

"What are you doing?", Jadon suddenly asks me from behind. "I'm packing up my things. I don't think it's a good idea to continue living here", I say.

He walks besides me and grabs my hands so I have to stop packing. "There is no way I'm letting you go back after what you just told me", he says and looks me in the eyes.

"I know how you're thinking about this whole thing you know? I know you're blaming it all on yourself, when you actually have to blame it on Mehmet. I agree with you when you say you've done a few things that aren't okay, but over all, it was him dragging and forcing you in all of that", he says, still holding on to my hands.

I know he's right, but it's hard to accept this.

I sit down on the bed, because I don't know how to respond.

"Why are you being so nice and understanding?", I ask and look at him. He's now standing against the wall, his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"Because I know you all my life and you're one of the most important persons for me. It's hard for me seeing you destroy yourself and me not doing anything about it. Your well being and your feelings really matter to me, a lot actually and that's why I am doing all that. I really wanna help you and maybe you think it was all for nothing, but at least I tried. I really did", he says not looking away from me for one second.

It's scary how he always says the right things and how his words always reassure me.

"Thank you", I say in a whisper, stand up and hug him. There is no person in this world with whom I feel safe and secure except with him.

Just in that moment, my phone rings. Ugh! No one ever calls me so why now? The timing couldn't be worse.

"I'm sorry", I say before I back up from the hug and answer the phone. It's Reiss.

"Hey, Aaya. It's Reiss", he says and I role my eyes. "I know, Reiss. You don't have to say your name everytime you're calling me. Your name is literally on the screen", I say and Jadon just smirks.

"Yeah, anyway so I wanted to ask you something", he says a bit nervous. "So, I've been with Celeste for a couple of years now and...", he starts, but is interrupted by me. "Oh my God, Reiss, don't tell me you're proposing", I say, mouth opened. I look at Jadon and he's just as shocked as I am.

"Please don't tell anyone yet. I wanted to ask you if you could watch the kids next week for a few days. I want to fly to Paris with her and spend a few days with her family before I propose because she misses them so much", he says.

"Of course", I answer a bit overwhelmed.

"Great, I'm going to call Jadon to ask him if he wants to come too", he says and hangs up soon after.

A few seconds later, he calls Jadon and they talk for over half an hour. I didn't even now that males could talk longer than 5 minutes on the phone.

"Do you think I should tell him?", I ask after he hung up. "Yes", he says after a few seconds of silence. He's right, Reiss definitely deserves to know.

"Okay, I'll call him", I say and Jadon leaves the room a few seconds later.

"Reiss? It's me again. Before I come next week I need to talk to about something very important", I say waiting for his answer.

"Okay, what is it?", he asks curiously. "I don't want to tell you on the phone", I answer. "Okay. I can come to London tomorrow", he suggests. "I am not in London at the moment. I'm in Manchester at Jadon's", I say and it's quite for a bit.

"What the fuck?", he sounds angry. Very angry and a few seconds later he's gone.

"He just hung up", I say unbelievably when I come into the living room. "What? Why?", Jadon asks and sits up straight when he sees me.

"I didn't tell him, because I want to tell him in person and see his actual reaction. I then might have told him that I was staying here, at your place and he just hung up the phone", I explain.

"He'll probably call you back any second", he says, trying to comfort me.

He's right and that's why I was expecting a call for the next 4 hours. But he didn't call.

"Jadon? Something is wrong. He's not even answering his phone", I yell through the house. He's upstairs showerin because he just came back from training.

In that moment the doorbell rings. I wait a few seconds, thinking about whether I should open it or not. But the person won't stop ringing so I just open it.

It's Reiss. I should have known.

He storms inside, not even saying hello.

"What did you want to tell me? That you're fucking my best friend?", he asks me, almost murdering me with his gaze.

"What? No, Reiss can you please calm down? I really need to talk to you about something serious", I say, going into the dining room. He follows me and sits down at the table.

"Just tell me what the fuck you're doing here with  Jadon", Reiss says, a little calmer than before.

"Can you please shut up? This is not about Jadon", I almost yell. It's quite again.

"Okay, I'm listening", he says. And he does. He not interrupts me once.

"Why didn't you ask me for help?", he then asks.
"Because I didn't even know I needed help", I answer him. He looks confused. "But you did ask Jadon for help, didn't you?" "No I didn't. He offered me his help because he knew something was wrong and even after I refused to let him help me, he kind of forced me to and I'm actually very thankful for that", I explain.

In that moment, Jadon enters the room and sits down next to me. He gives me a small smile and then turns to Reiss. His gaze wanders from mine to Jadons,  back to mine and so on.

"You two can't tell me that nothing happened between you!"