12

In the middle of the night, my ringing mobile phone suddenly wakes me up.

I turn around once, annoyed, groan and look at the mobile.

Strange, unknown number. I glance at the clock. 2:46 a.m.

Who the fuck is calling me at this hour?

So I quickly push the call away and turn over again to go back to sleep. But a few minutes later, it rings again.

"Hello? Who is this? And why are you calling me at this hour?" I ask annoyed in a still sleepy voice.

"Why don't you answer your mobile? I told you to be ready."

I should have guessed it was him. Mehmet.

"I told you before that I don't want to be in your illegal business again," I say.

"And I told you I didn't care. You're back in, no arguments. I expect you downstairs in 10 minutes," he says in his deep menacing voice and just hangs up.

So I get up, put on some clothes and make my way downstairs.

Again and again I ask myself: why am I doing all this in the first place?
But then I remember how Mehmet can be and that I absolutely do not want to experience this, especially not on the enemy side.

"There you are at last. Listen, two boys are coming to give us some food. I want you to take the stuff back to your flat and leave it there until I tell you we need it again," he says and I just nod in agreement.

I'm lucky it's only weed. And nothing worse or anything.

A few minutes later, the two men Mehmet was talking about approach us.

They are dressed completely in black, just like us. Scarves pulled up under their eyes and hoods on, so that you can really only see their eyes.

But the two are still very young. Very, very young. You can see it in the way they walk. And they are not particularly tall yet either.

The whole situation finds place in a park near our estate. No one is here anymore to this time.

Mehmet looks at me for a moment with a grin. I know he is grinning, although he has pulled his scarf over his face, because his eyes are getting smaller and have that sparkle. That means absolutely nothing good.

"Do you have the stuff?" asks Mehmet.

The two nod simultaneously and take it out.

Mehmet reaches for his pocket, probably to get the money but instead he reaches for something else.

He takes out his knife, stabs first the smaller of the two boys and then at the other.

You only hear the two of them fall to the ground.

I stand there with my mouth open. What did I just see?

"What the fuck did you just do? They were just kids...", I say and get quieter and quieter towards the end.

He has done many things like that, but none of them as bad and heartless as that.

"Did you honestly think I would pay for that?", he says and laughs.

How can he laugh now? He has just snuffed out two people's lives.

"Fuck! What did you just do?", I say stunned and repeat myself, gripping my hair tightly.

"Come on, let's go before anyone hears us
and comes here," he suggests, wanting to pull me with him by the arm.

"Don't you dare touch me. You're a fucking murderer!", I almost shout.