T H O N G S

This chapter is the epilogue.

"Where's the rest of it?" Ciel asked incredulously, staring wide eyed at a pair of shorts so short that it was basically jean designed thongs.

"There is no rest of it." You snickered, shoving the shorts to the side to look at a nice black camisole.

"It's absolutely perfect for me!" Alois cheered, bumping you out of the way with his hips to get to the shorts again. "Claude! Try these on for me!" Alois demanded in this public mall, holding out the shorts to Claude's stone-faced facade.

"Must I really, your highness?" Claude asked, discreetly glancing at the shorts with disgust. Alois nodded and tossed the "shorts" to Claude.

Claude sighed and slowly began to remove his pants...

A Few Days Earlier...

As you and Alex steadily jogged through the empty dimensional plane, you heard footsteps behind the both of you. Alex looked down and cursed under his breath, chocolate strands of silky hair falling onto his perfectly sculpted face as he ran faster than before. You wanted to look back at the desperate men that followed you at such a quick pace, but the fear that their expressions would render your emotional function helpless made your gaze stay strong ahead of you.

Running in between dimensions was a dangerous thing, since the floor you ran on could give out at any moment and drop you in some strange, alternative dimension. Like a universe where men got pregnant not women. Besides, the fall wouldn't be too lovely. You estimated that falling into a different dimension was the equivalent to crashing through a thick glass wall, the shards unreal, yet cutting you all the same.

The only way you knew you were going in the right direction was the small, darker blue smudge in the near distance. It was the portal from your dimension, and since it was open properly, Alex and you would be able to cross it easily without harming yourselves.

The footsteps behind you grew closer. You groaned in frustration at the persistency of the men you befriended, and tried to ignore their cries for you to stop running.

"____! Please don't leave me!" Alois cried out in emotional agony. The natural forgiving side of every woman wanted to show itself, to make its presence known, but you furrowed your eyebrows in concentration and continued running.

"Milady-" Sebastian began. Alex quickly, yet gently, grabbed your hand and began speaking, causing you to not hear the rest of Sebastian's statement.

"Don't listen to them, they're the reason our dimension is plummeting to the ground." He gasped for air, sweat beginning to mat down his voluminous chocolate brown hair. "The disease is spreading faster than ever, we need you."

You bit your lip, then reluctantly nodded in agreement. You didn't need these men, they were only a hinderance to your work, your family, and to your own mental health. Finally deciding that you would leave these men without a single regret, you suddenly heard the sound of glass.

Skidding to a stop, also stopping Alex from running in the process, you immediately turned around and saw Alois' foot lost in the underground nothingness that was the space between worlds. Really, all you could see was half of Alois' leg just cloaked to match its surroundings, but you knew that his leg was currently falling down into an unknown dimension, and the imaginary shards of glass that currently pierced his flesh should've been enough to tear off that limb in an instant.

But it didn't.

It took you a second to realize that the entire ground of this spacious area was beginning to crumble, the nothingness rumbling the unseen ground. You witnessed Alois struggle to escape the sudden hole, with Claude vainly attempting to save him. Even demons can't save Alois now...But maybe I can...You thought to yourself as you shook off Alex's hand.

Alex grabbed your hand once more, forcing you to make eye contact with his perfectly deep blue eyes. Breathing heavily, he whispered, "After all they put you through, is it still worth it?"

No, probably not. I mean, men who kidnap women and attempt to rape them while always being perverted can only be forgiven in books or movies. Shit like this can alter a girl's mind, you know. But of course, since they're hot, it's okay right? No. Even with this mindset, you felt yourself nod immediately and didn't even realize that you shook Alex off again like he was a particle of dust.

Alois screamed like a startled bunny, his girlish yelps making this intense moment more comedic. His "EEPS" resonated throughout the empty space, drowning out the sound of the rumbling invisible ground. You almost wanted to cover your ears, because that kind of screeching was worse than the sound of someone scratching a chalkboard.

"Get me out of here at once, Claude!" Aloud screamed, pounding his small fists against the ground. You elegantly waltzed over to him, hair twirling behind you, and gently began to loosen his limb from the nothingness of invisible shards. Claude stepped back and allowed you to do your work, but just as you managed to loosen his leg, the entire dimensional plane crashed.

Broken pieces of non-existent glass pierced your skin in many different places, staining the unseen shards in splotches of crimson red blood. Your blood. Your eyes traveled everywhere, noticing each one of the men around you were not carrying expressions of worry for themselves, but worry for you. They all fell in a way that would allow them to get as close as possible to protect you, but as you continued falling into an unknown dimension, sharp pieces kept scraping against the soft skin of your face, forcing you to tightly shut your eyes.

Hands gripped yours, making you open your beautiful eyes once more. Sebastian's deep red eyes stared at you, flashing pink for only a second before returning to normal. Time seemed to slow down as you were pulled onto his back, along with Ciel. You looked around, seeing Claude heaving both Alex and Alois onto his back as well.

Each exchanging a look of understanding, you were suddenly speeding away towards the darker blue spot in the near distance. You looked down and witnessed the impossible; both Claude and Sebastian were literally stepping on the falling shards and pushing themselves forward.

They gracefully stepped on something that couldn't be seen what-so-ever and eventually barrel-rolled into the open portal.

Landing a bit harshly on the tiled flooring of your lab, you gave a look of admiration to Sebastian and Claude.

Just when I thought I'd decided to stop loving them, they decided to reel me back in...