CHAPTER 17

Lynnie's pov

I didn't talk to Achlys the whole ride, I was angry and frustrated at everything, first my sister doesn't want to give me time to speak with her and second Achlys yells at me for no fucking reason. As soon as I walked inside the house I ran upstairs to the room and started pacing around unable to relax or sit.

"Lynnie..." I heard her voice say then the door close, I rolled my eyes and kept staring at the empty bed. I heard her move closer to me and put her hand on my shoulder and I pushed her hand away.

"Lynnie c'mon I didn't mean to yell at you..." She whispered putting her hand back on my shoulder and I, once again pushed it away.

"Don't touch me Achlys, I'm really not in the mood to talk to you." I said sitting on the bed and started to take off my shoes. She kneeled in front of me with a small smile and gently grabbed both my hands and kissed them. She then untied my shoes and took them off for me.

"I understand your anger my love, but you should understand mine..." She said still looking up at me, I stayed quiet and just stared at her with a blank face.

"...I get angry as well, and your sister wasn't ready to talk... It's hard for her as well" she explained sitting next to me, she took my hand in hers and softly caressed it then planted a small kiss on my knuckles. Her other hand pulled my hair behind my ear and I felt her fingers brush against my cheek.

"I promise we'll get your sister, darling" she kissed my cheek and wrapped her arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to her chest. I couldn't help but let my tears fall, I felt so helpless. I didn't know what to do, and I didn't want Leona to get hurt.

I have no idea when I fell asleep because I woke up in the bed with strong arms wrapped around me, I turned around and Achlys was cuddling me. I smiled and scooted closer to her, we were only covered with one thin blanket and I was feeling very cold because the balcony door was open so I pushed myself closer to her, she stirred a little and her eyes slowly opened.

"What's wrong?" She asked sleepily with her raspy voice, I closed my eyes and tried to ignore the cold.

"I'm a little cold" I whispered back, I heard something move and then felt something cover me, I opened my eyes and noticed her wing was over my body and I stared to feel warm. I smiled and sighed in satisfaction, I heard her chuckle and pull me closer if that was even possible.

The next morning, Achlys and I were already waiting in front of the school waiting for Leona to arrive. I was starting to get worried because everyone was going inside except for my sister.

"What if she's hurt? What if mom did something?!" I was panicking and pacing around trying to see through the crowded place.

"She looks just fine to me" I heard Achlys say behind me, I looked at her confused and she pointed to a girl walking towards the entrance of the building, I smiled and started heading towards her.

"Leona!" I called for her, she looked at me surprised for a moment then rolled her eyes and ignored my calls. I sighed and jogged until I was blocking her path.

"What do you want?" She asked irritated, I just smiled because she had the same frown as me and the inpatient attitude.

"It's creepy to stop a stranger and just stare at them" she said trying to move but I blocked her way again.

"Right... Look please, give me a chance to talk to you and explain everything" I begged, Achlys stood next to me and smiled, she gave her hand for my sister to shake.

"I'm Achlys, we haven't properly met yesterday since your sister was throwing a tantrum" she chuckled, Leona cracked a smile and rolled her eyes playfully.

"I'm gonna give you 5 minutes to speak, just because I wanna skip math and your girlfriend is hot" Leona said to me, I quickly nodded my head and Achlys showed her the way to the car.

"Our mother is fucking insane" I said when the car stared moving.

"What a way to start a conversation" Leona said sarcastically, I went on to explain how she treated me my whole life after our father died and that she even reached out to witches to bring him back and she ended up sacrificing me to the devil, I pointed to Achlys and then I realized what I did and I pulled my hand away with an awkward smile. The whole time Leona was looking at me like I lost all my braincells.

"Well I'm starting to think that you're the one who's insane, because mother has been nothing but sweet to me since I came here." She said crossing her arms in front of her, Achlys leaned forward and smiled.

"Your sister is right, that woman is crazy and we're worried she's going to try and hurt you like she did with Lynnie. That's why we're here" Achlys said softly, Leona started to think for a second and then sighed.

"Can I leave now?" She asked, I was about to complain and stop her but Achlys put her hand on my leg and told me to let her go.

"Just please call me if anything is wrong" I said looking around for something to write on, Alec handed me a piece of paper and a pen from the glove box and I thanked him. I wrote my number and handed it to her, she hesitantly took it and put it in her pocket.

By now we were already back in front of her school and she quickly got out the car without saying anything. I never thought that talking to a teenager was going to be so hard, I sighed in frustration and leaned against Achlys. This was going to take sometime, specially if I want Leona to trust me.

*************************
Hello!! I might update again!

-S