CHAPTER 23

Achlys' pov

After leaving Lynnie at my castle, I went back to earth to clean the mess that Alec has probably made. He was waiting for me in front of the empty field, I got in the car and he started driving back to my house.

We can see the blue and red lights in front of my home from afar. I hope Alec took care of Isabelle before she says anything to the cops.

"Where is she?" I asked him when the car finally stopped, the cops walked towards our car and I got ready to get out.

"Basement" Alec replied shortly, I nodded my head and opened the door. The chief of police looked at me up and down and gave me a very obvious fake smile.

"Miss Datyah, there has been a massacre in front of you house" he went straight to the point, I rolled my eyes at his impolite behavior and looked behind him at the empty cars. Alec didn't leave any one alive. Good...

"And what does that have to do with me?" I asked, he sighed and walked closer to intimidate me but of course it didn't work, he just looked stupid.

"4 police officers died on your property, my partner says it was an animal attack, since the bodies that we found all had bite marks on them but I-"

"Case closed" I said pushing past him, I felt a hand grab my arm and try to make me stop.

"If you touch me again, I'll cut your disgusting fucking hand and shove it up your ass" I threatened making him quickly let me go.

"I think you have something to do with this..." He said looking at me trying to find something in my eyes. I smirked and turned to look at him.

"My files are clean, I've never done anything against the law and most of the time I'm not even here. I'd like to see you build a case against me, chief..." I chuckled when he stayed silent.

"Now clean this shit up and get off my property" I ordered him walking inside the house and directly to the basement, Isabelle was pacing around the cell looking scared. I opened the cell and when she saw me she ran to hug me, I pushed her away and crossed my arms in front of me.

"Look, I swear to god I won't tell anyone about this. J-just don't hurt me..." She begged, I smirked and walked closer to her putting my hand on her chest, she looked at me confused.

"Don't worry, I know you won't tell anyone..." I reassured her, she smiled and her face lit up. Then the face of joy turned into pain.

"...ever" I ripped her heart out of her chest, or should I say my heart. I looked at her surprised and pained face as she dropped to the floor, I smiled at my work and decided it was time to retrieve my heart, I shifted to my demon form and placed the beating heart in the empty hole and watched it heal. It was a very painful process but I had to do it.

"Alec, take care of this place for me, until I come back" I said patting his back, we were back at the field and I was getting ready to go to my castle.

"Of course your majesty, farewell"

-------

I pushed my bedroom door open to find an empty bed, I looked around for Lynnie but I didn't find her anywhere. I looked all over the castle, including the library that she never goes to. I hope she didn't go to the sea of souls, she'll be dragged down and even I can get her out.

"Guards!" I yelled, two of them barged through the door with their heads bowed.

"Where is my human!" I yelled, they flinched and started to look at each other.

"Didn't I say to keep an eye on her?! Didn't I say to not lose her from your sight!" I yelled feeling an anger wave rushing over me. What if she's hurt, what if she's dead... What is she touched my death rose...

I pushed the guards out of my way, I'll deal with them when I find my human. I ran to the garden and started to look around, it was so vast, and sometimes I hate myself for making it this big. I walked further and further until a body started to come into view. I sighed when I saw Lynnie laying next to the bloomed flower, I thought that one was dead a long time ago but now that I'm looking at it, it grew and became so beautiful. I tried to pick Lynnie up slowly without waking her but she opened her eyes and looked at me.

"You're back..." She whispered in her sleepy voice, I kissed her forehead and smiled. When she realized it was me who picked her up, she jumped out of my hands and ended up falling on the ground.

"I am not going to stay here with you, you cheating bastard!" She started hitting my chest and I just looked at her amused, she noticed that my chest didn't have a hole in it anymore and she looked at it confused.

"Huh?!" Was the only thing she said, I chuckled and wrapped my arm around her waist pulling her to my chest. I leaned down very close to her lips, I brushed mine against them but I didn't kiss her, yet.

"When I saw you laying on the ground swimming on your blood I thought I lost you..." I started, she tried to get out of my grip but that only made me tighten my hug.

"...I would do anything for you Lynnie, all of this power I have, I'll throw it away with one word from you." I grabbed her hand and laid in against my chest, she felt my heartbeats on her palm and I saw her smile.

"You have my heart... literally" I chuckled, I finally kissed her lips and I let all my memories out for her to see, a tape of all what happened back at earth and when I met my brother played in her head. I pulled away and she had tears in her eyes, I noticed her hand was on her stomach. I kneeled down and put my forehead on her abdomen. She wrapped her arms around my hand and gently caressed it. She might seem like she didn't care about that baby, but I know she did...and so did I.

**************************
The book is gonna end soon, I think one more chapter and I'm soooo not ready for it to be over 😭😭😭😭

-S