Chapter 1: Moving out

The sound of eating could be clearly heard in the dining area. The hallway leading into a dining room painted a deep blue, perfectly accenting the arrangement of vintage transferware.
Soaring, curved walls and a delicately gold painted ceiling with a massive crystal chandelior illuminating light upon the dining table. The room was grounded by a classic Persian rug. Navy grass cloth above the wainscot balanced by the soft grey pallette found in the table and the velvety chairs outfitted with tan cushions. On the walls hung many black and white paintings each fitted into a gold frame. The luxury and grandeur of the hall was enough to showcase the wealth of the owner- Count Deruth.

The rich Henituse household of Northeastern Roan Territory, a land of boulders, known widely for their successful business of marbles. On the dining table were seated a family of five. The atmosphere was peaceful only to be disrupted by a sudden proclaimation made by a certain redhead.

"Father, I wish to move out of the mansion."the readhead said.

Tang!
Cale !
Hyung !
Oraboni!

"Ahem, Cale what is this about?"Count Deruth asked his son picking up his dropped spoon.

"Father, I have already turned 18 this year, the age where children start going college. It is only preferrable to shift to the dorms of the University since the campus is quite far from the Henituse Mansion." Cale said so as to convince his worried father.

"Still Cale there is no need to shift to the dorms, I can arrange a private villa near the university....so you don't....

The Count argued only to be interrupted by his wife,Countess Violan who spoke to her son.

"Cale , I understand your desire to move out and enjoy an independent youth free of biased treatments. However, as a mother, I atleast wish for you to shift to the best rooms available in the dormitory reserved for Royals and Nobles of the Western University. And you must come back to visit on any occasions."

"Yes mother. I already intend to do that" the redhead assured.

The Countess satisfied by her son's answer continued eating the dinner. However Count Deruth was still anxious about his son's parting.

'I admit all these years being busy, I couldn't give him the attention and care I should have but for him to leave suddenly like this. Does he hates me that much' he thought.

The redhead unaware of the inner turmoil faced by his father calmly said" Father , I'm a Henituse. As you say ... I'm a turtle with a sturdy shell and know how to protect myself. Also I do not intend to do anything troublesome . So rest assured".

Sigh* " I guess it can't be helped... Fine you can shift to the dorms by next week. Tell Ron and Hans to arrange for the same." Deruth said.

"Yes, I understand. Then I should go back to my room now since I'm finished with my dinner."
.
.
.
.
"Ron... Pack all the required stuff and tell Hans to inform the University about my arrival. "

"Yes, Young master-nim." The old butler replied with a benign smile.

"Young master-nim since Beacrox will not be there, I hope you can manage your food requirements.... As for your lemon tea, I have already packed many sachets for daily use.. hohoo...

'Haa... This scary old man. Will he just ever forget that damn lemon tea for god's sake'

"Do whatever you want"Cale said before turning the knob of his room's door.

Ron nodded and bowed before moving to do his task-'What a puppy young master-nim' he thought.
.
.
.
Outside the room, rush footsteps could be heard showing the anxiety of the owner.

"Haah..... Basen if you walk like that without telling me what you want to say, I won't be able to sleep tonight" Cale said after opening the door of his room for his younger brother.

"Hyung. ... He said fidgeting his fingers.... I know you have to go to the University, still I can't help but we worried considering there have been so many incidents happening there..... And...."

Seeing a palm telling him to stop, Basen looked up only to see his Hyung grumbling.

"Basen as I already told during dinner I have no plans to meddle in anything troublesome related to nobility . Neither it is your fault that I'm leaving. I'm leaving on my own accord. "

"I understand,Hyung. Then I should go back to my room now since it's late ." Basen said.

" Yeah , you should and tell lily also I guess she hasn't slept too...hmm..." The readhead said ruffling his brother's hair raising an eyebrow.

Basen rushed out of the hall , only to meet with Lily half way back.

"Oppa.... What did Oraboni say?" She exclaimed.

"Lily, he has no plans to change his decision, we should not interrupt anymore and wait for his next visit ." He said to his curious sister who was also worried and shocked by the sudden proclamation.

"Ok... Oppa". She replied.

That said, the siblings went back to their respective rooms.

At the same time a certain redhead who was watching this thought,

'Aigoo, these kids.... Maybe it would be more peaceful there( Western University) . I can finally achieve my slacker life now. Handing Basen the position of next heir and then moving out is the best decision.

He thought and hummed, satisfied with his actions for his peaceful future....

Next chapter: sneak peek

• The trash of the count's family?
• first encounter....
• the student council introduction....

" Why is this bastard going the same way as mine?"
" Surely not, right ? It can't be...."

We are neighbours.... !!?

Disclaimer: I don't own the original story ( trash of the count's family) . This is just a fanfiction with a modern setting and college-crime-romance.
The original author of the story is Yulyeohan.
Thank you