Chapter 9: Intruder

Cale could feel the knife pressed to his neck. He didn't move. He couldn't dare to when he subconsciously felt a venomous glare towards him. It was an eerie feeling. So he decided to play along.

Damnit I should have brought Choi Han with me. He will see my face if this continues.

Just what the hell? When I entered the CCTV room there was no one moving on the monitors. Did I get it wrong?

The stranger grabbed his mask and flipped it half-way before Cale made a swift motion.
Argh , a punch was landed on his stomach before he could see his face..

It was pitch dark , shallow breaths followed the silence before interrupted by wind cutting blows.
They were neck to neck fighting with the intention of killing the other.

Slash! A cut landed on Cale's forehead. He stumbled.
This is my chance ! He is bleeding profusely.

The stranger caught Cale's arm and landed a punch on his cheekbone.

You crazy !! Cale could feel the taste of iron in his mouth. He hadn't felt this since that day. The taste of blood wasn't completely foreign but the stranger was.

In that short span Cale felt a feeling creeping up his back. Fear? Disgust?It was anger.

Choi Han!! Wait stop let's go back... Roan stopped Choi Han.

Raon? We need to hurry as Cale-nim said..
No I saw someone's shadow in that room. It had a symbol just like -- just like that organisation.
Hah!? Choi Han felt his mind going blank. His hands were trembling but he couldn't leave.

Raon we will go to the dorm room as fast as we can , trust Cale nim he will be back soon..

Urgh Cale stumbled. Blood was dripping from his mouth his gaze was hazy and unfocused but his mind was moving faster than it ever did. The stranger was closing the proximity between them .
.
.
.
Huge gusts of wind entered the room and swirled around the red hair. It was devastating but pretty . The intentions carried along the wind directed towards me weren't.

I was bruised,cuts on my arms chest. But I can't leave yet. I need to get that thing first. The stranger thought.

"So this is your true self. You half breeds are disgusting just as they say. You can't really fight with just physical strength huh"

Cale's eyes glinted in the dark. It was as if the room itself had become a storm . Wind everywhere damaging everything which came its way including the stranger. He became one with the wind.

Crap-- I can't reach him if this continues. The stranger pierced through the wind with his brutal strength. That was all he could do against the other. Before he reaches him.

'I'm running out of time . I don't know how long I can hold. I need to take everything and go. ' Cale had a lot going on his head.

But the stranger did not stop . He was too stubborn. He grabbed Cale's neck putting whatever strength was left of him. A chocked moan escaped Cale's mouth.

"Who are you??! For a mere normal person you have a lot of strength." Hah , the redhead mocked with a crooked smirk.

"Where's the item?" The intruder skimmed through his shirt his hands coming to a rest when he collided with the pouch .

"Well you have done me a lot of saving going through all that trouble. Good luck escaping from here. "

With that the stranger jumped from the window.

Cale was lying on the ground his mind and memories messed up. He looked at the chain in his hand which he grabbed from the other's neck in the fist fight. A star.

I will look into it later. He finally collapsed into a dreamless sleep.
.
.
.
Argh who the hell ?

"Cale nim!! You are awake finally... The kids were worried. "

Cale looked up at the ceiling, not the stan territory. It's the dorm. He could hear raon sniffle.

"Hey this is why I tell you not to go alone, you weakling". Raon was at the bedside his snot wetting the blanket. On and hong were sitting at the corner of the bed . Looking at him with pity....

"Our youngest is right... You always put yourself in danger. You should be with Choi Han. He is much stronger. " Hong chimed in.

"Choi Han what time is it? "

"It's almost dawn, Cale nim. You must not go to the university today." He said with a vicious tone. Yeah he and Ron are scary all right.

"I haven't suffered any major injuries choi han. Just few scratches. It will be okay and as much as I remember we have a council meeting today. "

But Cale nim --

"Hush .... You should prepare for today. I heard from somewhere it's serious. We must go and see what's happening. "

(Why? Why didn't you attack him with everything you had ) was left unanswered. Choi Han glanced over one more time before leaving the apartment.

Cale stepped in the bathroom, the shower was on . His body was sore and aching . The punches were brutal. It will take a little time to heal.

Atleast the shield will be useful for the first time in a while . He could already see the bruises healing.

The pendant was still on him. It had a carving on it. A name maybe. He traced a little longer . M was all it had.

Cale bandaged himself, covering the visible wounds. A fresh mark just under his eye.

' All good . Let's see what they have to tell today.'

END