Why prove anything?

Duane finished paying his contact and now sat with his hands in his hair, he checked the time for no reason at all, but that didn't help his frustration.

He quickly typed in moon cycles from tonight on and saw the next full moon was only five days later.

He sighed relieved, space to breath, but the fact that he was now heading to another country changed that, what if the moon cycles are different there?

He checked, it seems there the moon will also be dark when he lands, so he breathed again, gathered his wit and stood up.

He remembers the condition of his house and quickly called in a cleaning service, then gathered Lucy's laptop and headed out to meet them there.

"Lucy?" He said phoning her.

"Oh Duane sorry I got stuck in traffic"

"Don't worry, I'm also heading home so why don't we meet at the airport around seven?"

"Good idea, I'll see you there sir, although I forgot my laptop at the office"

"I have it with me, I'll bring it"

"Thanks"

Duane arrived at his house around the same time the cleaning crew did, when he showed them the house they all stood in awe, knowing him for a while now they had to give him a look of astonishment.

"Sorry about this gents, it was a rough night"

"We can see that" the crew chief said and they all set off.

Duane quickly made himself a sandwich as he watched them clean, then excused himself as he passed the men to his room, packed a bag and headed back to the kitchen, the only place that didn't seem to have been demolished.

The men did a good job, even repairing the bar counter, replacing the television and the sheets of his torn up bed.

"That's all sir" the chief said and shook his hand.

"Thanks again" he said checking his watch, if he left now he'd be in time and ordered an uber.

***

Lucy hopped into the SUV next to Heather and they also left for the airport.

"You're so lucky, going to France!? I wanted to come too" Olivia said.

"One day I'll make a plan to take all of you okay?" Lucy said looking at Heather, who gave her a glance.

"What? No speech about what time to get Olivia to bed? Don't be late with her to school? Watch the moon?" Heather asked.

"I trust you have it under control right?"

"Of course"

When they arrived Lucy pointed at Duane waiting already "There he is"

"Oh~ he's handsome" Olivia said.

"He's human small fry"

Lucy climbed out with her sisters and she introduced them "This is Heather, that's Olivia"

"Pleasure to meet you two" he said.

"I wanted to say thanks for giving my older sister this opportunity, she tends to forget saying Thank you" Olivia said.

"No, she said thanks, don't worry" he said smiling.

"Right you two, you'll be fine right?" Lucy asked.

"Of course, enjoy it" Heather said.

The three gave each other a hug and they parted.

"You're blessed" Duane said loading his bag on the scale.