The meeting

The next morning was no different accept for the being human part, he felt the sore of the cuts, scratches and bites, then the purple half moon sat on his ribs where the horse kicked him.

The blood still sat dry on him like second skin, and there where the Caracal got him was skin deep cuts all over.

He groaned sitting up, the smell was awful in the car, mixed with blood and hairs, it was a copper like death stench, even though to his relief he was still alive.

He grabbed the sun visor of the car and covered his nakedness to a degree when he got out, quickly trotted to the door but barked when he stepped in a thorn.

Duane was planning on returning from his hike last night so he never locked the door, slowly he opened and entered, moved through to his room but just as he was about to enter Lucy came out and froze in her steps.

She scanned him wide eyed then blinked with confusion.

"Its not what it looks like!" He said quickly.

"Not hey? Who is she then? Because man did she do a number on you!" She said and laughed.

Duane ignored her and entered his room, got some clothes out if a bag but Lucy wasn't done.

"Look at those cuts! How sharp was her nails! Is this like your fantasy Duane because sorry I don't do shit like that"

"Its not that Lucy!" He yelled passing her to the bathroom.

When he closed the door he heard her laugh outside, it made him angry, reminding him of just how brazen Lucy was, regardless of them spending time together, he was still her employer.

After the shower washed the blood and antelope hair away he stood checking the scars in the mirror, wincing as he touched some of them.

He patched them up somewhat with a medical kit he found in the cupboard and left after dressing.

In the kitchen he found Lucy still with that smirk "What?" He asked.

"So? Is she for hire? Or is it one of your friends? Was it the one you went to see yesterday?"

"Its none of your business!" He yelled again checking the time "Come, the meeting starts in twenty minutes, after that we take the first plane to France"

Lucy had a blast hammering him about it, there was no point keeping it silent, he came in naked, covered in blood and cuts, might as well tell her the truth.

When they climbed in the car she held her nose and gasped inwardly, blood, lots of it, and the smell of adrenaline filled sweat made her mouth water.

She looked to the back seat and gasped loudly this time "Okay what the Hell Duane!?"

"Its a long story, don't ask" he said driving off.

"Is this your blood!?"

He glanced at it in his mirror "Dammit the rental agency won't give me my deposit back if that's not clean"

"Stop thinking of your money for once and answer me truthfully, what the fuck happened last night!?" She said.

He only rolled his shoulder to ease his aching muscles, the office where the meeting was were situated on the farm, the drive was barely ten minutes when he stopped.

"Duane!?"

"I'll tell you later" he said getting out.

Lucy slammed the door shut and took out perfume from her handbag "Geez I smell like a slaughtered animal" she said whisking herself all over with the bottle.