Chapter 155: Downright Refusal

Back in the mansion, Rou was huffing and puffing from exhaustion. His hand was glowing a pearl pink from the amount of ice he had created. He wanted to throw his staff away for good, but the urge to get revenge ran clear and strong within his veins. "Rou!", Vox commanded from a distance. "Kiara has requested that we assist her, she has a little favour for one of this syndicate's capos.", he added.

"You mean Lin's accomplice? Why would I in my right mind help someone who even walk the same path as...as someone so despicable!", exclaimed Rou. Vox took time to think, "You seemed fine encountering the man himself earlier. What changed your heart?", asked the fae. Rou held his forehead in frustration, "Why on Earth would I do that? I remember clenching my fists and attacking him. But solidarity?! It seems ludicrous after what he did!".

"You're right, but you're not in your right mind, and for the past two weeks you've been forgetting things left and right. You do your daily duties, but then that day becomes almost a blur. Rather peculiar if you ask me...", remarked Vox. "It's not anything suspicious, it's something I'm yet to figure out for myself...", muttered Rou. Vox took the blue haired man's hand, "If you accept this favour. I promise to research into your ability.", he negotiated.

Vox found no reason to be vague, if he found out the details of Rou's situation, he could use it to his advantage. However, the blue haired man kept his fist down, "I refuse...", he uttered. "So the trauma runs that deep, huh kid?", commented Vox. The fae was angered by his response, but kept in the yelling in case it ruined his plan. "I'm not interacting with the anti-crime group again. I can't let Lin's plan go further, nor sacrifice my own sanity for the sake of a favour.", Rou replied. Vox gave into the man's pleading, "It's your loss...", he uttered.

Rou stormed off, "I can't believe he wanted me to do that...hideous if you ask me...", thought the capo. He was deep in thought, but felt he had to speak out. "I'm going to ask Fleur not to get involved, I'm sure she would've liked to end this issue herself.", he murmured to himself. But in an instant, Lin had once again entered his mind. He could sense his agitation and worry, such a shameful state for someone of his caliber that he had to resolve.

At the same time, in Tiliac. Aster began to get lethargic with tiredness. "Now's about time I go to sleep back in the syndicate, but I have to keep going...", he thought. "I'm a stubborn bastard. I just keep going on and on no matter what it does to myself, but it seems like that's what got me into this predicament...", he remarked. "It's like I'm a broken wardrobe, when one door closes, another one opens up, and then it all falls to shit.".

"Tiliac was never ideal, the one thing I hated about this place is...I never got to see things change...and it still hasn't by the looks of it...". He found a lone tree, using his dagger to lift himself up onto a sturdy branch. "If I'm recognised, I could never get back.", he whispered to himself. "If only I had Julia by my side, she probably knew far more than I about the state of the clan nowadays...", he added. He made sure to stay out of sight, and most importantly, silent, as he prepared his resting place for the night.

"Oh Fleur, I wish you here, so I could hold you in my arms as we awaited our chance.", he daydreamed, picturing the girl he missed so much huddled up to him lovingly. "I'll protect you, okay?", he said. "I'll fight for you, anything you need. You don't have to be afraid...". The black haired boy was so immersed into his dream, he could barely think of a life outside of it. Suddenly, a gravelly voice from a distance echoed in Aster's ear. "Your words are in vain.". At first he thought it was just another part of his dream, but then he heard something else, "It would be most unwise for you to be here, my young friend.".

Aster woke up in a frenzy, "I didn't realise that I was speaking out loud!", he thought, looking down in fear and the person below, quickly grabbing his dagger from halfway up the tree. Below him was a ginger haired man with a hefty frame. "If you want to get any closer, you'll have to fight me first!", projected Aster, pointed the small blade at the man below. "Pathetic.", the man scoffed. Raising his hand, the ground moved with him, shaking Aster out of the tree. "Woah! It's not polite to disturb another man's sleep!", remarked Aster. The man didn't speak at all, shaking the ground once more, even after Aster had fallen from his tree.

The boy landed with a crash, "That could've killed me if I wasn't used to this you know! Who are you anyway?", questioned the former intruder. "Find out for yourself. If you find my weakness, I'll give you my name, possibly more. Maybe even directions to base...", the man replied. Aster was very much interested in his request, "Okay then gingernut! I accept!", declared the reckless boy. He was caught in another duel, another deal, not even certain of his victory.