Chapter 194: Epilogue

15 years later...

The disaster had long passed, the mansion repaired, and most of the members of the syndicate returned to work, albeit forever changed. Inside the main corridor of the grand building, a spritely anthro bunny bounded happily along, humming softly to himself as he walked, yet the tone, the echo, everything his voice emitted became ominous as he reached his destination. "Demitris? It's time for my...appointment...".

In a flash, he was thrown into the room, and pinned down onto a hard bed. "Good afternoon...bunny!" The voice of Demitris echoed inside of the darkened room. Craaq opened his eyes to find the dishevelled incubus lying atop of him. He shivered as Demitris's tangled red hair fell down to the mattress, almost long enough to restrain him. "There's some good news...from the outside...", the rabbit stuttered. Demitris scowled under his breath, "The outside?".

His eyes gleamed with malice and contempt, "I assume nothing happened that I actually care about...", Demitris grumbled. Craaq winced, but tried to remain at ease. "Tell me, what's the 'important' news?", the incubus demanded. "Well, Aster's got promoted...", Craaq said quietly. Demitris chuckled deeply, "Oh, that one?", he snorted. "He's let that wife of his give me all the dirty jobs...at least I can live in solitude, with only my clients to appease me...", Demitris mused, his hands resting lazily on Craaq's sides. "Sucks to be an incubus these days...".

Demitris's voice dripped venomously as he sprung off Craaq with a loud thud, standing up straight and towering above him. His eye sparkled dangerously,his sharp teeth shining menacingly as he leered down while rubbing his fellow fugitive's chest, "I don't care about that idiot! How dare you let anything from out there, anything but pure desire in here?", he spat, pointing his finger at Craaq. The poor guy felt the anger radiating from the incubus, making it impossible to look him in the eye.

"Demitris...", Craaq whimpered. "Aster is our superior now, and Fleur's been the boss for 5 years now since Edward retired. Surely you could make one higher ups meeting, you're the bruglione now...", Craaq pleaded, trying his best to hold back tears. "Oh really?", Demitris laughed derisively, pinning Craaq down once more. "You better run to that meeting and tell them I'm not coming, or I'll never be inside you again..." he continued, laughing even harder. "Y-yes Sir...", the rabbit stammered, before bolting towards the office.

Meanwhile, Aster and Fleur stood behind the desk, waiting patiently as the minutes ticked by slowly, their bodies tense and prepared for the incoming meeting. "Okay, Demitris is late again...", Aster quipped. Fleur gripped the sides of her chair in frustration, "Let me guess...he's getting laid?", she scoffed. "I am so sick of hearing about that piece of shit...". "Sorry, sorry!", Aster apologised hastily, "I'll try to find a way around it". Fleur shrugged, sitting back in the seat. A moment passed. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Aster and Fleur looked at each other, both sighing when they saw Craaq and Viper waiting at the door.

"Come in", Aster ordered. As soon as the two entered, Craaq stepped forward with the documents he needed for his meeting, handing them to Aster who took a second glance over them before handing the papers to the two women, who were now reading them as well. "Unsuccessful again?", asked Fleur to the rabbit sat across from her. "Yes...", lamented her subordinate, his head hung low in shame. "I expected as much, he's not been the same since Rou died, since...".

Fleur fell silent, staring at the painting of her father ahead of her on the wall. "15 years ago, when our suffering began. I wish you could've told us...", she told the artwork. "We all did our best", said Aster in support. "Everyone hasn't been the same since then...", Viper chimed in. "The pain, the grief...you wouldn't believe what we went through. Was it all worth it? I guess we'll never know...", she added, her face etched with sorrow.

"No...", Aster agreed, looking towards Fleur with sad grey eyes, clutching his shoulder where his arm used to be. She nodded sadly in response, looking back down at the table, unable to meet his gaze any longer, "What's done is done, we need to move on after all these years...for everyone's sake.". She glanced back up to the two higher ups who looked back at her with similar expressions of sympathy and concern. Aster sighed tiredly, before nodding, "Yeah, you're right...".

As the meeting concluded, and everyone made their way to their quarters, the sun hung low in a painted orange sky, illuminating the clouds that surrounded it. Its fleeting warmth reached that same small town and the secluded mansion on the hillside adjacent to it. Within the mansion, another day ended within the notorious crime syndicate, full of the rebels and rejects of society.

 Within the mansion, another day ended within the notorious crime syndicate, full of the rebels and rejects of society