Chapter 165: Mistakes And Revenge

Meanwhile, in the glades of Tiliac, Aster dragged his feet across the rocky ground. Every step reminded him of Vanian, and hid delayed realisation that led to his death. Small drops of rain began to fall as the boy contemplated his actions, "I need to find shelter", he thought as the precipitation made his black hair drip. Eventually, he came across a small pit, partially covered by a rock. Aster recalled something, "I remember these were used for shelter back when I still lived here. I hope it's not occupied.".

After all this time, Aster hadn't slept a wink. Interruption after interruption plagued him, not to mention all the treacherous missions he did in the syndicate beforehand. He jumped into the hole and immediately passed out with the darkness. He needed this, his body experienced a euphoria as if it were ascending to a blissful haven within the small pod. "Back when I was in the clan, I dreaded having to sleep in one of these, but now it seems like the most comfortable place in the world...", he thought.

Hours passed, and Aster remained soundly asleep, when suddenly, he started to get a whiff of an earthy aroma getting stronger and more pungent by the second. Then, he felt a grainy sensation hitting him again and again. Surely this was a dream, what was going on? He opened one eye in curiosity, but it was immediately covered with dirt, stinging his sensitive iris. Finally, the culprit called out, "Get out, you murderous scum! Or I'll bury you alive!".

"What's the matter?", inquired Aster as he started to wake up. "Do you think you can handle being alive for two more days considering what you did?! ", spoke the voice with a threatening tone. "Is that a threat this early in the morning?", groaned Aster. "Who are you?", inquired Aster. "I am Enzo, and you killed my superior!", exclaimed the young man with cyan hair, showing off his razor sharp teeth. "I'll deal with you shortly!", he threatened, spitting out saliva on top of the lying boy.

Aster tried to struggle, but his arm had been completely immobilised. "Get ready for a thrashing!", warned Enzo, and then he violently kicked the boy. "See, that wasn't so bad.", grinned Enzo, lifting his foot. Aster got out of the hole, now covered with dirt. "You're clearly a man with a vengeance, state your case.", Aster said without expression. "You killed Vanian, the man I love!", yelled Enzo.

"And you think that's my fault?! The man was reckless!", Aster enthused in a ticked off tone. "Why else would he die? He's far too respectful for that!", insisted Enzo. Aster started to walk away, but the cyan haired man was too persistent. "Hey! Don't ignore me! You'll pay for what you've done!", he stubbornly shouted. "Sorry, you're not worth my time...", Aster was too exhausted to bother.

Back in the mansion, Rou sauntered menacingly down the halls when he came across Catoria, who immediately had queries. "Rou, there you are. Seems the boss has been looking for you.", she said, knowing he'd have more knowledge than anyone on the ice wall. Rou pushed her away, "You're not worth my time...", he grumbled, determined to get away. "That's not how you talk to your superior...", Catoria reminded, but Rou was too focused on his goal to listen.

"Must...find Lin!", he thought. It was the only thing on his mind, anything else was whisked away into uselessness. Due to this seeming chase with his brother, his mind didn't deduce that someone else was following him, calling out. "Rou! Can you hear me?!", it screamed. It was Demitris, still running after love. Catoria spotted the one eyed man chasing after him, and stopped him in his tracks. "Your heart is burning, let it rest...", she informed.

Demitris took deep, but painful breaths, "R...Rou...", he wheezed. "You grow obsessed with this boy like a succubus with its prey, I apologise for how I might have influenced you...", Catoria said softly. Demitris felt as his eyes flooded with tears, "H-he might die...", he whimpered. Taking him by the shoulder and stroking his hair, Catoria attempted to calm him down, "Die he might, but free he will be from society's influences...", she whispered.

"Y-you don't understand, do you?", questioned Demitris, still blubbering. "Lack of understanding doesn't always mean I'm incorrect. Though I'm curious of what goes on inside the mansion, it doesn't concern me...", she uttered calmly. "But it does concern me...", Demitris replied. Catoria didn't know what to do, she had no empathy for this boy before, nor guidance that she deemed meaningful, but out of pure instinct she pulled Demitris into a hug.

"I haven't been in your life all these years and have no idea what you're going through, but I hope you succeed. Just don't over exert yourself, alright?", Catoria advised. "I-I'll try...", cried Demitris, sobbing in his creator's arms. The succubus gave him one last instruction, "Go to Rou and give him strength in knowing he can truly love a man like you, nothing superficial like sex and drugs, just pure and true love, it's something I can never experience...". As Demitris waved Catoria goodbye, he thought about what dangers Rou could be facing, but this time he was sure he could fight them with him.