Chapter 158: Undeniable Similarity

(This chapter is universal for endings 1 and 2, it will be in both endings)

Back in Tiliac, Aster stood face to face with the burly ginger man. "So do I get to know the name of my opponent or not?", he asks, trying to be intimidating. "I am known simply as Vanian, but names aren't necessary when I'm going to take your life...", replied the man. A pale green glow grew around him as his hand reached toward the ground to control it once more as he did when Aster was awoken.

"You're mine!", snarled Aster, pointing his dagger. Vanian charged at him, raising the ground as he walked. "The power of the Earth is sure to teach you a lesson!", he remarked. Once he stood directly in front of Aster, Vanian formed two huge boulders, the size of two men. "You would dare do this to me?!", raged Aster. "We don't take intruders lightly in this clan!", exclaimed Vanian, attempting to knock the boy over.

"I'm used to people shunning me with accusations, I'm not taking any more of it!", Aster transformed his dagger into a long claymore, with enough strength to dodge Vanian's rocks. "You're just a filthy follower!", he roared, walking up to Vanian. His dagger hit Vanian's boulders with force, enough to knock the man to the ground. Vanian went limp. "I would say that's an effective way of handling my strength, but you seem to be a boy that gets too full of himself...".

"His technique involves a lot of power to get the precision I've seen, reminds me of Rou back in the syndicate. Could this be what could've happened in that duel all those months ago if I were an intruder?", thought Aster. However, his distraction meant he was unable to foresee Vanian opening up the ground around him. Luckily, the black haired boy held on with a few fingers. "Pfft, dropping me down a ditch? Is that all you've got?", he said. As the boy lifted himself up as fast as he could, Vanian began closing the hole.

"We haven't done much in terms of combat, and already you don't look to be in the best shape...", taunted Vanian. Aster was still hanging on, avoiding falling into the pit. "You'll never be able to last against me!", he added, like a final insult. "It's been a long time since I've had someone try to take my life for once.", Aster remarked, trying to lift himself out again. Vanian looked down at him. "Unfortunately for you, I am much stronger than any of those who have challenged me....", he said, placing a foot onto Aster's hand.

Aster grunted in pain. "Tsk...I can tell you're one of the higher ups around here...", he smirked. "Im not giving away my title, being weak should be your only concern!", Vanian countered. This man was beginning to get on Aster's nerves, one more taunt and he would be consumed with rage. Using his free hand, he swung himself against the hole. By chance, his leg managed to attach to the surface. Though painful, he rolled over and out of his fatal predicament.

"Aster Orocha, what the heck?!", exclaimed the ginger haired man. Standing up across from Aster, he was surprised to see him climbing out of the deep pit. Aster transformed his claymore into a short sword, "What are you planning next?", enquired Aster. Vanian quickly realised his mistake and sighed. "I...had hoped you would recognised me by now.", the man continued, materialising more boulders from the ground.

"Should've known you had reason to take the life of an intruder, or two, now...", answered Aster, with a smug smirk on his face as he swung his sword at the round rocks. "When you were banished from the other squad, I should've known that you were hard to reason with. After all, no one has questioned the leader since...", Vanian continued to direct boulders toward Aster. Immediately, Aster transformed his sword into a ball and chain, "You know, Vanian, you look like you could use some smaller solutions.", he swung his newly formed weapon causing one of the boulders to smash into pieces.

Opening his mouth, he let some of the pieces inside, swallowing them whole. "Are you mad?", questioned Vanian."Not at all.", said Aster. He raised his ball and chain in the air, "Stone Forme!", he declared. The ball and chain materialised into stone, as Aster continued smirking. "You ready to fight stone with stone?", he asked Vanian. "More than ready.", the ginger haired man responded.