Chapter 192: The Upper Hand

Time came to a screeching halt as Aster scrambled as fast as he could to catch Demitris. His legs burned with every incredible stride, and by pure luck and sheer adrenaline, he caught him. Joy materialised into a slight smile on his face, but it was short lived once he laid his eyes on him. Vox only laughed at the damage, revelling in the sorrow of his opposers, "So cute, you're crying over your friend...", he taunted, making sure every word ground into them with the force of a hurricane.

Demitris's blood leaked out of his wing as if it were endless. "Demitris...", Aster's tears fell upon the boy's face, only made worse when Edward and Fleur refused to move a muscle. He felt alone, hopeless, and nothing could shake it as the incubus laid there weak and helpless. "Aster, I deserve this...", Demitris reassured, but the flames had already been lit. Aster didn't want his sacrifice to be for nothing, so he swung his sword, dashing at Vox like it was all that mattered.

"What are you fighting for boy? Glory? Recognition? Love? Don't you understand that all those concepts could disappear in a flash once I make this world my own?!", Vox yelled, as Aster's blade clashed against his body. Sparks flew everywhere as the two combatants struggled against each other, the squelching sound of steel battering Vox, only for him to . Aster's feet moved slowly, his mind focused on Demitris, on Fleur, on everything that he had endured over these past few months, dwelling on the pain and suffering that they all endured. Vox's laughing plagued his mind as if it held him hostage, but then it stopped...

Everything turned quiet, and Aster lifted his gaze towards where Vox stood. He dropped his blade, which was covered in his face and looked in awe. Could it be? In the distance, a reverie of white light shone behind the bloody battle, hauntingly beautiful in its presence. Gradually, the light divided into four equally as beautiful spotlights, surrounding the entire area like a protective wall, keeping everyone trapped within the light. "Is it a shield?", Fleur breathed out, mesmerised. Aster turned to his superiors as Edward began to address his daughter, "No Fleur, it's more than that. The spell was not quite complete.". A wave of confusion hit the group, only to be resolved the very next second...

It was as if music played in his head when the pure white lights gave way for the emergence of 4 familiar figures. "Viper!? Craaq!?", Aster called out in shock. The others were speechless, unable to believe their eyes, especially Demitris, who remained emotionless throughout the whole ordeal. "Shiva! Sulena!!" They all cried out as Aster rushed forwards with Fleur, Edward following soon after.
The four of them ran towards each other, growing ever stronger in their embrace. "So, the end game's getting exciting I see...", Vox called out, interrupting the fleeting hope. "I guess it's time I finally stop holding back!".

In no time at all, the barrage of attacks begun. "Now!!!", ordered Fleur. Her sword held tightly at her side. She struck the man
hard, sending him flying with one blow. Then, as if in a trance, she attacked again and again, leaving no time for him to regenerate, even more so once Craaq began shooting at the fae with his crossbow. "We might actually win this...", Aster thought quietly to himself. Just as the last of Fleur's energy dissipated, she led Viper and Shiva to their kill . "You two should hurry, hold him off for a while", she ordered her companions, and without further ado, the two took off immediately.

For the first time, Vox was coughing up blood as Viper tied him in chains while Shiva distracted him. "My dear, you look terrible!", Edward exclaimed when he saw him, almost sarcastically, but with worry still lacing his voice. The man shook his head, "Snap out of it!", the boss said to himself, pulling out the last of his empathy for his ex boyfriend. "Oh please... I'll kill him for real this time.", Vox sneered darkly.
Aster stared at him intently, as his hands broke through the chains with his brute godly strength, quickly brewing up an enormous ball of energy. "Aster, run!!!", Fleur commanded, pointing at Demitris in the line of fire.

Before the boy could think, Sulena shielded the injured incubus with her web. "Get him out of here, it's not safe...", she mumbled before quickly retreating with Viper. Aster refused to follow Fleur's advice immediately, an idea bubbling in his thoughts. "What are you thinking Aster?", Demitris rubbed his friend's shoulder with what little strength he had in sheer concern. "Demitris, I need you to lend me your powers...", his arms trembled, but Aster was willing to take the risk. "Aster, you won't be able to control it...", the incubus was shaking. "It's the only way!", Aster countered.

Demitris raised his hand, the blackness of demolition coursing through it, "You can still change your mind you know...". Aster couldn't take any more chances, glossing over Demitris's warning, he opened his mouth, letting the inky black dust in. His throat burned as he swallowed absolute destruction, feeling the heat rush to his lungs, filling them until he couldn't draw any more oxygen. He tried to ignore the throbbing pain as Demitris's power coursed through his body. He had to use all of his concentration to force it out, his voice shouting as loud as he could in both desperation and relief. "DESTRUCTION FORME!".

The centre of Aster's sword turned jet black, its edge gleaming menacingly as Aster approached Vox. "All this time it was you tormenting me. Edward wanted me dead when I first arrived, not from his own will but because YOU manipulated him! To you, this place is a breeding ground of weakness, but to us, it's a family!". Vox laughed despite the blood pouring from his body, "Go on, kill me. Let revenge fill your very soul! Let emotion take over as I evade your every move..." The boy remained silent, even as Vox lunged at him. His opponent got closer and closer, and his eyes remained completely transfixed on the fae's every move. Finally, when he was millimetres away, he struck a powerful blow.

Destruction pierced through the skin of Vox. At last, the fae roared as the darkness invaded his eyes, threatening to tear him apart. "You really think this will stop me! I'll teleport away, I will!", he yelled, taunting becoming begging. "I can reverse this, I promise! I'll make my way up the ranks! Please just let me live!". The demon laughed maniacally, as he felt as if his body was turning to liquid, and his heart turning to dust. At last, Vox stopped in his tracks, giving into the pain, "You...fool...", the man's last words were choked by his final breath. His body disintegrated and vanished