Why Did I Forget My Headphones (Daria & Brittany)

CW: Meltdowns

Daria walked through the grocery store. The clicking of the intercom and rolling of carts filled her ears.

"Great, I forgot my headphones at home." Daria thought.

Daria continued to walk through the store. One side of their mind wanted to get this over with; while the other wanted to cry and to be held by someone.

Eventually, it was too much; Everybody stared at her as they cried.

"Are you ok?" A girl asked.

Daria turned her head and they didn't believe her eyes. Standing right behind them was Brittany Taylor. Daria pulled her hand off their tear-stained face as she continued to wail.

"Daria!" Brittany gasped. Brittany was shocked to see Daria here; let alone crying.

Daria leaped into Brittany's arms; They held her tight. Daria slowly sucked her thumb. Brittany thought this was odd but she didn't say anything.

"Come on, I'll pay for your stuff." Brittany offered.

They walked to the checkout; Daria holding Brittany's pinkie finger. Brittany went wide-eyed. Daria looked up at her with sad eyes; thumb still in their mouth.

"Awww, do you know how cute you are right now?" Brittanny cooed.

Daria nodded vigorously; Daria knew she was adorable, it had its perks.

"Can I have your number?" Brittany asked.

THE END

Remember to vote:)