Popcorn (Trent&Jane)

TW: Clown mention

AN: Why didn't I think of this earlier; It is that obvious:\ 
‐-----------------:-:-:-:-:-:-:::::-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:::-:-::

Jane sat on their bed, watching Paw Patrol while holding onto a bat stuffie. They were giggling at the actions of the characters on screen. Suddenly, a knock pierced the room; Jane soon scrambled to turn off the TV.

"Janey, I'm making popcorn, do you want some?" Trent asked. After speaking, he spotted one of the colourful dogs on Jane's TV screen.

"Jane, are you watching Pa-?" Trent inquired. Not that he had a problem with it; It's just so un-Jane like, it caught him off guard. 

"You saw absolutely nothing." Jane blushed. They weren't expecting to be caught but were thankful that he didn't catch their slight baby talk. 

"I have no problem with you watching Paw Patrol; seeing you watch it just caught me off guard." Trent reassured.

Jane's shoulders relaxed and they let out a deep breath. They weren't expecting such a positive reaction; although, they realized that this thought was stupid.

"Hey Trent, can I tell you something?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks for telling that, Janey; don't forget that you'll always be my baby sibling." Trent reassured again.

"Thanks, that was really hard to tell you about." Jane admitted. Jane was already starting to wonder why they hid this from their brother in the first place.

"Do you still want popcorn?" Trent asked although, he already know what their answer would be.

"You know I do, Trent." Jane replied.

"Come on, let's go see whatever remotely scary movie is on TV today. Or, we could try to find a Disney movie or something like that." Trent offered.

"What, do you think I'm going to run to your room at 3 AM because I had a nightmare about a clown?" Jane teased.

"I just suggested in case you regress mid-movie." Trent replied.

"I guess we could watch a Disney movie, I haven't watched those in a long time." Jane shrugged.

"Ok, why don't you grab your stuffie friend?" Trent asked while silently cringing at his attempt at baby talk.

"Save it for when I actually regress." Jane replied half-jokingly.

THE END

A/N: I have an AO3 account now!