Hold Me Tight and Tell It's Okay

Requested by Orelmcgorel

Daria had a rough day at school; Jane was out sick and her classmates wouldn't leave her alone. With Jane being sick, going to her house was out of the question. Thankfully, Her parents would be at work till at least 5 and Quinn was at a Fashion Club meeting.

Daria walked inside and went to her room. She opened the door and walked to the closet and opened the closet door. She pulled out a box of blocks, a space themed puzzle, a Pokémon colouring book, crayons, a black cat stuffie, a plain black pacifier and a onesie.

Daria put on the white onesie with green polka dots. She grabbed her stuffie and put it in her arms and stuck her pacifier in her mouth. Daria jumped up and down as she fully regressed.

"Come on Kitty, let's pway." Daria ran towards where all her toys were laid out.

Daria played with her toys for hours, time flying by without a care in the world. The only sounds were the small sounds of sucking.

"Daria, I'm home..." Helen opened the door and walked inside.

Upon hearing her mother's voice, Daria's eyes widened and she spat out her pacifier, running to her closet and shutting the door.

"Mom's gonna hate me. She's going to think it's weird and gross. What if she...?" Daria's thoughts spiraled as she rocked herself on the closet floor.

"Daria, it's okay. I'm not mad and I'm not going to hurt you. I actually love the idea of taking care of my sweet, little baby girl again." Helen stood in front of the closet door.

Daria slowly opened the door and stood in front of her mother, "So, you're okay with this?" Daria asked.

"I'm more than okay with it. Now, Can I have my little girl back?" Helen bent down to meet her daughter's eyes.

"Uh, can you grab my paci please?" Daria scratched her head and looked down at the floor.

"Of course, let me just clean it first." Helen picked the pacifier off the ground, walked to the bathroom, washing in the sink and then giving it back to its owner.

Daria placed the pacifier in her mouth and slowly sucked it. After a couple sucks, her eyes widened and a smile crossed her face.

"Mommy." Daria walked towards Helen and gave her a big hug.

"Aw, there my sweet little girl."Helen cooed as she hugged her daughter back.

"I wove you, Mommy."

"I love you too, sweetheart."

"Mommy?" Daria looked up at Helen.

"Yes honey."

"I hungwy."

"It's Dinner time, isn't it? Do you want some Mac and Cheese?" Helen asked, remembering she had bought a few boxes of Mac and Cheese the previous week.

"Wes pwease."

"Okay, let's go get you some." Helen let go of Daria and walked downstairs with her daughter not far behind.

Helen expected many things to happen that day; getting her little girl back was not one of them.