5. The coffee shop

Not proofread like always lmao

Skylar's pov
"I don't know..." I say looking at the envelope with an address and her phone number. "Just text her, or I'll do it myself" Coco says sitting down next to me about to take my phone. "No! I'll do it" I sigh and type in the number in my phone.

I hover over the letters. I don't know what to say. "Just say 'hi, it's Skylar' or something" Sienna says as the door opens to Coco's room. "Hey girls, I got snacks" Courteney tells us coming in and sitting on the bed.

"Don't worry and text her" she tells me. I sigh and text her.

Elizabeth O. 🌹

Hey, it's Skylar from the coffee shop

I wait for an answer and I didn't get any. "Maybe she doesn't want anything to do with me" I throw my phone almost hitting Coco's head. "Girl, it's been five seconds" Sienna laughs then my phone dings.

We stay silent then Court breaks it. "Are you going to answer that?" I shake my head. "Answer your damn phone" Coco says earning a glare from her mother. "Fine" I look at got a text message from Elizabeth.

Elizabeth O. 🌹

Hey, how are you?

I'm good thank you, and you?

I'm doing good :)
Read...

"Okay so she's good, now what?" I ask the group. I love how Court is literally one of us. We tell her everything, like everything. And she does the same. "Oh my god, how someone this pretty is this dumb?" I look over at Sienna but she's not paying attention.

"Just ask her if she wants to meet at the coffee shop and when" Court tells me so I do it. Okay so I'm texting my maybe biological mother...and why is it so hard?

Elizabeth O. 🌹

Um do you wanna maybe meet at the coffee shop tomorrow at like I don't know. Whenever you're free?

Sure! Thank you for reaching out to me. I can pick you up, since I'm guessing your staying at Courteney's?

Yeah I am and you don't have too. I can walk.

Nonsense, I'll pick you up at 2 pm. Does that work?

Yeah, that works.

Perfect! I'll see you then and I'll let Courteney know that I'll be taking you out.

Okay, see you tomorrow. Bye.

Bye Skylar.
Read...

"So I'm going to the coffee shop tomorrow at 2 and she will text you to let you know even tho I'm telling you right now" I tell Court. "Oh yup, just texted" she laughs and responds. "Okay what do you kids want for supper?" She asks and I look at my friends.

"McDonalds!" We all shout including Courteney. We then laugh and she goes to order it leaving us alone. "I hope this all goes well. I really want you to have a family, even tho we are you family, but like a biological one" Coco says hugging me.