16. Mr. Rae

Skylar's pov
I'm laying next to mom in her bed. She's reading a book with some glasses on. Lola is next to me and I rub her stomach. She likes my fingers as I look up at mom.

I admire her. She's really pretty. We have the same eyes, lips, hair colour and we have the same small mole on our face. I also wear glasses sometimes but rarely. I don't like them. I'll probably get new ones.

I see her mouth move making me snap out of my dreams. "Sorry. What did you say?" I sit up and lean my head on her shoulder. "I said that you were staring" she giggles and places a kiss on my forehead.

"Sorry" she places a hand over mine and I start playing with her rings as she continues to read her book. I got bored so I started reading the book too.

She was about to turn the page but I stopped her. "Almost done" I tell her. She giggles and waits patiently. "Okay done. You can turn the page now" she smiles and does so.

I read the story for a bit more but my eyelids were getting heavy. I jump to the book closing making mom laugh. "Not funny" I snuggle more into her. "It is though" she lays us down and wraps her arms around me.

Lola is now laying in her bed already asleep. "Now can you tell me?" I whisper. I didn't want to wake Lola up. Mom takes a deep breath in and out. "You don't to if you don't want too" I tell her telling that she really didn't need too.

"I want too and you need to know" I get off of her and lay sideways so that I can see her face. She does the same and I smile at her. She smiles back and starts her story.

"I was 16 when I found about you and 17 when I had you" I nod my head. So she's 32 then. So young but I love her and I'm guessing it's not her fault.

"So one night, all the high school kids went to this party and we got drunk and stuff like that. This kid decided that it would be funny if he spiked my drink. Next thing you know I'm in the room yelling for help but no one could hear me since the loud music" she tells me.

I wipe her tear away and she continues. "I kept it a secret for so long until I had to tell someone before they noticed. So I told my parents when I turned 17. They didn't like the idea of it but they still kinda supported me" this shouldn't have happened to her.

"I told my siblings and they helped me more than my parents did. A few months later, you were born and that's when my parents decided to put you into adoption. I didn't want them too but I couldn't do anything. They threatened me so I let them" at this point, I'm back on her chest playing with her rings.

"I'm sorry" I whisper. "It's not to fault. I got you now and I don't ever let you go" she grabs my face and kisses me all over. "Ewwww stop" I laugh wiping the kisses away.

"So why was he here today?" I ask her. She kisses my forehead once more before speaking. "I don't know. He told me if I ever got pregnant...he doesn't want anything to do with it but I never told him I was" I frown.

"So how does he know?" She just shrugs. "I want you to promise me something" she lifts my head up so that I'm looking at her. "If you ever see him, I want you to leave immediately and call me, Scarlett or Courteney okay?" I nod my head.

"Words baby" "yes. I promise" she nods her head. "Good. Now sleep time. We have a long day tomorrow" she turns the light off and snuggles with me. "Goodnight Skylar" she hugs me tight. "Goodnight mom".

————————

It's been 4 months since mom told me the story. School is killing me. I hate it. Actually that's a lie. I only like it because of volleyball. We have a major tournament this week so we're getting ready for that.