SIX. and the world record belongs to...

HAVING A world record meant something to a lot of people

HAVING A world record meant something to a lot of people. You could hold that world record for months, years even, and have the greatest feeling in the world.

Alexa and Chase had been sitting on the steps at school and held the phone close to both their ears.

The two of them had been on hold for 20 minutes with the people from the Jonas Book of World Records to see if they were eligible to try and beat the 24 hour and 8 minute long webcast.

They had prepared for this for the past two weekends and they felt like they were finally ready to try and beat the world record.

"Yes, hello?" Chase spoke.

He stood up from the steps and continued to talk. He soon hung up and Alexa stood up.

"So?"

"They'll send a person to the studio to monitor our whole webshow and if we beat the time with no interruptions, Do Something will be in the Jonas Book of World Records."

Alexa smiled bright as she wrapped her arms around her best friend and began jumping up and down.

"Chase, do you know what this means?"

"You're not Alexa because she wouldn't hug me in public?"

"I'll let that slide." She scoffed, "People are gonna want to see us do whatever for 24 hours—"

"And 10 minutes."

"We've trained for this and we've got everything planned out. Nothing is going to ruin this for us."

"All I've got to bring is the generator, the backup generator, and my mom's stay up pills and I'll be set." Chase said.

"Don't bring those pills."

"But—"

"Don't."

Alexa was excited and nothing could ruin that.

"THEY'RE WHAT!?"

They were going to start this very long webshow in less than 5 minutes and Della had just spilled some very massive beans.