Playing Hard To Get

Beeping. It's all I hear as I open my eyes. The room is white and clean and I look to be in a hospital room. There it goes again that annoying beeping sound. Turning I look at the monitors. I began to press the buttons trying to turn it off but this only makes them beep more. Having enough I lean over and pull the machines closer.

"Screw it." I growl and rip the wires out of the back. In the distant I hear small alarms going off. Whatever is happening out there I should help. Quickly I stand up only to become dizzy. Standing for a moment I get my balance and head over to a table. My bag is there with all my things. I pull the hospital gown off and change into my own clothes. As I'm reaching for the door nurses come rushing in. As soon as they notice me they scream. "Calm down ladies what's wrong?" I asked looking out the small window on the door.

"Sir you must get back in bed." One nurse said grabbing my arm and trying to push me back towards the bed. "Alpha will have our heads." She chuckled. She wasn't scared about that statement, she was amused. She saw the mess of the machines I made and glared.

"Alpha?" I asked. "Where am I? I'll pay for those." I pointed to the broken wires.

"You are at the Black stone pack hospital and Alpha Maze took over since Don Stone's treason and death. Now please lay in bed until the alpha can get here." I glared at the bed and then back at her. "Please this is my first month here and I really don't want to get on the alpha's bad side." I rolled my eyes and got back in the bed. The nurse smiled then headed out the door.

"Stefan doesn't even have a bad side!" I hollered after her. After sitting there for a moment I began to grow bored. Getting up I rummaged around in my bag looking for my cell phone. Unlocking it I saw the time and date. "This can't be right." I said scratching my head.

"What can't be right?" I turned to see a smiling Stefan. He came over and hugged me.

"How long was I out?" I asked pulling away.

"A little over a month. The doc came in every day and checked up on you. The nurses kept you clean for the most part. Annie made sure to shave your stubble every few days and gave you a hair cut too." He chuckled.

"Oh well I'll have to thank her when I see her. Let's get out of here. I'm tired of hospitals."

"You seem fine but let's make sure the doc thinks you're okay to leave first." I sighed but nodded.

~~~~~

After getting a full work up I was cleared to leave with strict rules on my diet and not to over work myself. Stefan took me to the old hospital and explained what happened after they found me. Something in the basement blew up causing the building to go up in flames within minutes of him pulling me out. The building was now just a pile of ruble.

"And Don?" I asked. Stefan shrugged. I had already told him everything that happened on my part.

"Dead I assume. It's impossible to even get down to the basement to look for the body. There's no pack link to him anymore either which confirmed our theory of his death." Stefan put the truck in drive and headed to the pack house.

"I see. Well congrats on the alpha position. I'm guessing you scared the nurses at the hospital at one point?" I asked. Stefan laughed. "What's so funny?"

"Julian, I'm not the alpha."

"Oh!" Was the only response I could come up with.

"I told you the position is my sisters and as for scaring the nurses, we'll that's a story for later." He laughed again. Stefan explained that Ryan and the four alphas that shot me up had all disappeared and the majority of those four packs left without alphas transferred to the Black Stone pack. Stefan also told me that he explained to the pack, new and old members, who I was and why I actually came to the pack in the first place. As we arrived Stefan kept looking at me from the corner of his eyes.