Chapter Six

Serenity was bored as Rias explained about the devils. She was sitting on the couch while Vali was sleeping in her lap. She ran her fingers through his hair. "So is Serenity a devil too?"

"No, I'm a werewolf. I'm the Princess, and I'm also only half-werewolf. Vali is half human, half devil."

"Half werewolf? What's else are you?"

"No idea." Serenity shrugged. "All I know is that my mother wasn't human. I don't remember much because they died when I was three. All I knew was my father was the king of the werewolves."

"Who took care of you?"

"I grew up with the dragon of Nightmares and Fear. Vali's my mate." She didn't want to talk about her parents anymore. Kuroka turned into a cat, and she curled up next to Serenity. The girl petted her, and Issei looked at both of them in awe.

"Nightmare Dragon?"

"He guards the Nightmare Realm. It's where Fear is born. It's a place where fear is born. It's where it lives and grows. I'm the Queen of the place because of my immunity to Daemon's fear magic."

"So what's Valis real name?"

"Vali Lucifer."

"He's one of the descendants of the original devil kings. The dragon I grew up with knows all about you and Vali." Serenity explained. "The blonde over there is Le Fay Pendragon. She's Vali's bishop. The girl you witnessed turning into a cat is his other bishop. I'm his queen piece."

"Akeno, here is my queen piece. Kiba is my rook, and Koneko is my rook, and you are my pawn." Rias hummed. "Kuroka and Koneko are sisters."

"No!" Vali let out a cry, and he sat up. He was trembling, and Serenity was worried.

"Vali, come here." He turned around and buried his face into her chest. She held him tightly as she soothed him. "It's just a nightmare. I get them all the time. Do you want to talk about it?"

"I'm not strong enough to protect you, and you were killed." Vali whispered.

"I'm alive for now, and besides, not only do I have you to protect me, I have the entire nightmare Realm and both the Dragons of Dreams and Nightmares to protect my The only thing that I could possibly die from would be a miscarriage or birth. Then that's out of my control."

"I hate you." Vali huffed, and she laughed.

"Who knew that Vali could be so soft." Akeno teased and Vali sat up and put on his resting bitch face.

"Shut up." Serenity giggled at him as he pouted. She pulled him back into her lap and kissed him.

"I still love you even with your flaws." Vali buried his head in her stomach, pressing on her bladder. "Damn, now I have to pee." She moved after the silver haired boy sat up. Her vision blurred and she got lightheaded. There was a thud as her body hit the door and Vali rushed over. He pulled her close to him and she was pale and cold.

"Serenity! Come on, wake up." He started to panic and scooped under her knees and picked her up. Her head leaned against his chest and her arm limply hung down. "I'm taking her to the hospital." He rushed out the door with his other two peerage members following. Kuroka and Le Fay were worried because Serenity looked dead in his arms.

メメメメメメメメメメメメメメメメ

Roas and her peerage showed up to the hospital a day later. Vali was sitting next to Serenity's bed with an IV in his arm. "Is she ok?" Issei asked Kuroka and Le Fay. The other members listened in carefully.

"She's anemic, and she lost a lot of blood due to her menstrual cycle. She's sick too and she didn't know it." Kuroka explained. "She'll be fine after she gets fluids and wakes up."

"What about Vali? Is he OK? He's probably freaking out." Rias was worried for Vali and Serenity.

"He had a panic attack, and it caused him to throw up. He just woke up from the sedation." Le Fay hummed. Both bishops look worried and like they haven't had slept. They were both clearly worried about the two.

"He won't sleep until she's better and next to him. Le Fay. You'll start tomorrow and will be in Koneko's year." The blonde nodded and they all looked up and Vali was standing outside the door. His eyes were bloodshot and he was clearly upset. Rias hugged him.

"I should have noticed she was sick. She was pale when we left for school yesterday. It's all my fault." He moved back to Serenity's side.

"Vali, it's not your fault. She's anemic, and she's just recovering." Albion spoke as he tried to calm his host down.

メメメメメメメメメメメメメメメメ

Many things happened over the course of the next week. Rias had a bishop that she could use named Asia Argento. Asia was a pretty blonde with straight hair and green eyes. The fallen angels who had kidnapped Le Fay and Vali were the ones who planned to use Asia's Twilight Healing for their own. Currently, Rias and her peerage were in Serenity's hospital room. Vali had bags under his eyes, and it was clear that he barely slept in the past week. The only time that he slept a full day was when one of the nurses got sick of his bullshit and sedated his ass. There was a small groan and the hospital bed creaking. "Vali?" Serenity croaked out. Vali practically leaped out of his chair, causing him to stumble. He poured the pitcher of water into a cup and handed to Serenity. After she drank it all, a nurse came in amd checked on her. After everything was checked out, Vali kissed her everywhere on her face. "What happened?"

"You fainted due to your anemia, and you were sick." Vali yawned, and Serenity patted the bed. He climbed in and curled up next to her. As soon as his head hit the pillow, he was out cold. Rias smiled, and she gestured to leave. "We'll leave you two alone to rest." With that, the group left the room closing the door behind them.

"You had him worried, Serenity. His thoughts were in a turmoil, and I feared that due to sleep deprivation, he was going to lose control of his juggernaut drive." The white dragon spoke from Vali's back.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make everyone worry about me. Now I feel like a burden." Serenity sighed, and the dragon no longer spoke. Vali snuggled closer to her, and she smiled softly. She eventually succumbed to Valis warmth the after effects of the sedatives and fell asleep. A head of black hair poked, and the woman's gold eyes zeroed in on the couple sleeping. She felt slightly jealous of the couple, and her heart beat faster at the thought of Serenity holding her the way Vali held her. She was just glad that the werewolf was ok. Kuroka closed the door, and she nodded at the group.

"They're both asleep. Serenity's probably still tired from the after effects of the sedatives they used, and Vali's exhaustion hit him like a frieght train. He'll probably be out cold for the next day or so. The nurse said they wanted to keep Serenity over the weekend to make sure that she didn't cause a brain injury when she hit her head." Kuroka explained. Everyone nodded, and they left to go to their respective homes. Kuroka and Le Fay walked home together, and Le Fay did her chores and cooked food. Since they didn't have dinner yet, they made a simple dinner.