07.

I WAS sat at the end of my bed horizontally, back leaning against the white pole, with Carlos' head resting on the side of my thigh. Every couple minutes, I'd play with his hair while doing some homework from Remedial Goodness along with the others around the room, minus Jay.

Then the door opened revealing Jay in a blue jersey. He laughed, stepping through the doorway, showing off his shirt, posing. "Hey!"

Carlos whistled as I chuckled at how happy he looked. Jay walked over to the side of Mal's bed, leaning on the post. "Did your plan work with Jane? Are you going to see the wand?"

"Do you think that I would be going through every single spell in this book if I hadn't completely struck out?" She snapped, annoyed, with her spell book in her lap.

Carlos turned his head up to me. "Someone's in a bad mood."

I flicked his forehead for his insult as Mal continued. "My mom's counting on me! I can't let her down!"

"We can do this.." Jay raised his voice and we all looked at him. "if we stick together."

"And we won't go back until we do. 'Cause, we're rotten.."

"To the core." We all finished, per usual.

"Hey, what happened to the 'there's no team in I' Jay?" I furrowed my brows and he turned around to me.

"I'm on a team! Gotta act like it." He shrugged grinning, gesturing to his jersey and I rolled my eyes, twirling a short lock of the white-haired boy's hair.

"Sure... Oh, and Evie had some news." I nodded towards E.

"Oh, yeah! I found out that Fairy Godmother blesses Ben with the wand at the coronation and we all get to go." She explained, playing with her mechanical pencil. "I have nothing to wear, of course."

We all stared at her obliviousness, then there was a knock at the door. "What?"

"Hold that thought." Mal stated, getting up and opening the door.

"Hey, Mal." The door unveiled Ben. "I didn't see you guys today. I was just wondering if you had any questions or anything..that you needed."

"Not that I know of.." She looked behind at us and we shook our heads too.

"Oh, wait!" I stood up quickly, stepping over to the two, removing my hand from Carlos' head, making him hum in annoyance. "Is it true that we're all allowed to your coronation?"

"Yeah, the whole school goes." He replied with, yet another, smile.

"Ok, great." I faked a sweet smile, one I have given a lot of teachers today. I swiftly turned on my heel, sitting back in the same position and continued playing with Carlos' hair, he smiled up at me in contentment.

"Do you think that it's a possibility that the four of us could stand in the front row next to Fairy Godmother, just so we could..soak up all that goodness?" Mal asked.

"I wish you could. Up front, it's just me, my folks and my girlfriend." He said sadly.

"And your girlfriend?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry.."

"Okay, thanks, bye~" She shut the door in his face before he could finish talking. Mal turned around at us with a smirk. "I think it's time that Bennyboo got himself a new girlfriend. And I need a love spell."

They all looked at me and I thought about it. "Uh..we could do cookies. Those are easy for me to spell, but I need a tear of sadness for it. Any food I spell needs a tear or it won't work."

"Great!" Evie squealed, sitting back down and finishing Chad's homework.

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

"All right, all we need is a tear now and. I never cry." I sighed from beside Mal and E.

"Let's just chop up some onions," Carlos suggested, grabbing an onion out of the bin beside him.

"No, we need a tear of sadness." I shot down his suggestion.

"A tear's a tear.." Jay rolled his eyes, sitting on the saw counter like Carlos.

"That's not true, Jay. They both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear." E explained, passing some more flour.

"Listen to you~" Mal giggled, sprinkling the white powder into the cookie batter.

"Yeah, I knew that." Jay smiled, clearly lying.

"Did not," Carlos said, hitting his arm.

"Yeah, I did."

"Liar~" I commented in a sing-song voice, twirling a piece of my hair.

Suddenly the door opened and Lonnie walked in. "There you are, Mal! I was looking for you. You know all the girls want you to do their hair! Midnight snack, huh? Whatcha guys making?"

"Nothing special, just cookies." Mal replied, shaking her head, as she dipped a finger in trying it.

"Feel like it's missing anything?" I cocked a brow, mixing it up.

"Could use some chips." Lonnie responded, walking over to a cabinet and grabbing a bowl out.

"Chips?" Jay muttered in confusion.

"And those are?" I furrowed my brows together, what the hell was chips? Wait, you're supposed to put potato chips in cookies?

"Chocolate chips. Just the most important food group." She smiled, placing it on the counter beside the bowl and plopping some in. "Wait, didn't your moms ever make you guys, like, chocolate chip cookies? Like, when you're feeling sad, and they're fresh from the oven, with a big old glass of milk and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective and.."

I stared at the table sadly. No, we didn't have kings or queens as parents, meaning they didn't treat us like their princes or princess.

"Why are you all looking at me like that?" Lonnie looked at each of us, obliviously.

"We don't come from around here." I stated, shaking off the sad, negative thoughts.

"Yeah, I know. I just, you know, I thought. Even villains love their kids." She said enthusiastically. "Oh. How awful."

Mal looked up at her as she held her hand, noticing a tear, she swiped it and dunked it in the beige batter.

"Yeah, well, big bummer, but we have to get these into the oven, so thank you so much for coming by. Really, really have a good night. I'll see you tomorrow. Evil dreams." Mal smiled fakely, pushing her out of the kitchen.

"Okay, okay. Good night, see you tomorrow." Lonnie smiled opening the door and leaving.

Mal clapped her hands together, "Okay, boys, cookie sheet! Evie oven, Esme spell!"

"Yes, ma'am." E nodded, picking up the bowl.

"On it." I chuckled.