22.

WE ALL stopped and looked at her, we were smiling at the thought of all the kids being let off the island. Mal walked a couple of steps, standing in front of all of us. "I lied to you."

I froze and cocked a brow. "What are you talking about?"

"The kids won't be coming off the Isle." She continued.

"What do you mean?" Jay spoke up.

"The program is shut down. And the barrier..will be closed for good." M explained and I heard Harry grunt, pointing at her with a tight smile.

"For Auradon's safety." Ben added, sadly.

I looked at Evie and we had the same expression on our faces. I knew she was hiding something but I don't know, I guess I thought she would've told us the truth. But she full on lied to her family.

"Hold up." Uma mumbled, striding closer to the female. "So we're saving your precious people and your behinds for a lie...I knew it was a mistake to trust you. You're always out for yourself."

"And you, King Benny.." Harry pointed at him, in front of his form. "you're probably just gonna throw us all back inside.."

"You know what? I actually thought you were brave." Celia began as Carlos laced his fingers with mine. "You're nothing but a chicken. Too scared to tell me I was never gonna see my dad again."

"Celia-" M muttered before she grabbed the ember from her hand, dropping it into a bird fountain. "Celia. Celia, no! No! No.."

We watched the girl run off into the forest. "Celia!"

Mal picked up the crystal. "Regain your might and ignite! No.Regain your might and ignite!"

She turned around to Uma because she wanted her to re-power it with her shell necklace. "Bummer... Let's go find Gil and leave them all to rot."

Harry and she walked off into the distance, leaving us to rot, just like Uma said to. I stood in front of M, with Evie beside me.

"Esme... Evie... I'm so sorry. I'm sorry, I just... I thought that- I was afraid to tell you. I thought I was gonna lose my best friends. But I had to do something. I had to protect Auradon." She sniffled, attempting to explain herself.

"Wait, wait, wait." I paused her.

"Closing the barrier was your idea?" E finished for me.

"I did it for us. I did it for the life that we have here now." She referred to all five of us and how happy we were.

"Our life? What about those kids we left in that prison? We promised them, Mal. We were their only fucking hope!" I pointed in the direction the Isle was, tears in my eyes.

"I thought you were gonna stand up for the VKs..but instead you lied to them." Eve said, voice cracking.

"Remember when we said no more secrets and we tell each other everything, we're a family?" I scoffed. "Guess that meant nothing to you, huh?"

"Esme..Evie." She pleaded as we turned around and walked back to the group. "Come on. I had no choice!"

Carlos wrapped me in a hug as I sniffled into his chest. Suddenly the world went dark. I coughed as I could see again. I felt my boyfriend help me stand, holding my elbows, as we both looked at the others.

"What the hell was that?" I coughed out. They all just shrugged.

"Come on. Let's go." Ben commanded and we followed him.

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

Apparently, Audrey was defeated. At the moment, we were in her dorm, waiting around to see if she'd 'magically' wake up. I was sitting on the edge of Audrey's bed, watching her with Evie and Mal.

"She's slipping away." E sighed.

"Esme, can't you wake her up?" Uma interrupted and everybody turned to me.

"No, I can't do magic like that." I shook my head. "But..there is one person who might be able to."

"Hades." Mal answered their confused faces.

"Hades? He wouldn't do it. I wouldn't risk it." Ben disagreed, uncrossing his arms.

"He'd do it for Mal." I chuckled, smirking at the king.

"What do you mean?" He creased his brows together.

"He's my father." She replied and I saw the boys trade confused looks around at one another. Sometimes I forget what they know and don't know.

"Okay..well, I'll have to send guards to go get him." He agreed, hesitantly.

"Maybe I can hitch a ride." Uma suggested as everyone stood up. "The Isle is my home. Someone needs to be there to protect it."

"Well, then, you will need your first mate." Harry smirked, hands on her shoulders from behind.

"The Isle will be in very good hands." Mal smiled gently at the two.

"Can I go, too?" Celia asked, out of the blue. "I wish I could be in both places.

"Sure, knock yourself the fuck out." I shrugged, standing up.

"I really think that Evie was right. And...I do think that we could've been friends. And I'm really sorry that I lied to all of you guys. You deserve so much better than that." Mal apologized, standing beside me.

"You were just trying to do the right thing." Jay accepted her apology.

"Yeah."

꧁꧂

The barrier was taken down, once and for all. Mal was queen and we were happy.

"Do you ever miss them?" I asked the four as we stood in front of the new concrete bridge.

"Yeah," Jay replied.

"Do you think that they miss us?" Mal questioned, after exhaling heavily.

"Yeah, of course." Carlos nodded.

"'Cause we're rotten.." She stuck out a fist.

"To the core." We all smiled, placing our hands together.

"Hey, last one over the bridge-"

"Is a rotten apple!" We all yelled and ran as fast we could, racing to the Isle.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ THE END OF 3/3 MOVIES ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*