21.

I WAS with Jane at her party, we were right by the enchanted lake when I saw pink smoke roaming around at the top of the hill.

"Jane?" I asked, tapping her shoulder.

"Happy birthday to Jane. Happy birthday to you..." Audrey sang with Chad by her side. She had the crown and the sceptre. I should've seen that coming.

We hid behind the pillars and then I realized we needed to leave now, but with the smoke and no time to think of a rhyme, for a spell...

"The Enchanted Lake." She whispered to me, cocking her head to one side, signalling to get in the water now.

I took off my jacket, which would weigh me down, placing it on the floor. We stepped into the liquid quietly, diving under quickly and coming back up after a minute or two.

"What the hell was that?" I asked her, confused.

"We should call Ben." She suggested and I nodded. We swam back to the gazebo, cold and wet.

"Being cold and wet isn't great, it's a feeling we all hate." I recited.

In seconds, we were both dry. I threw my jacket back over my shoulders, took my phone out and dialed Ben's number. After a bit, he picked up. "Ben?"

"Hey, Esme. I'm on my way to the party now. My meeting was long." He explained as I followed Jane up the mountain of rocks.

"No, no, no. Stay where you are, Benjamin. Audrey has the sceptre and crown. She spelled everyone here to sleep." I shook my head.

"Wha- Is Mal with you?"

"Oh, I'm okay. Thank you for asking." I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "No, she isn't with me, just Jane."

"Ok.." He sighed in relief.

"I'll see you later." I hung up and continued walking.

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

We were on our way to Evie Four Hearts when we heard voices yelling Ben's name.

"Wait." I stuck an arm out, halting Jane in her spot. I put a finger to my lips. We heard some male voices talking and than a loud roar. "I think, I hear a beast."

"Yeah, come on." She nodded and we followed the noise. After a couple of minutes, I saw Gil, Harry, Jay, Dude, Carlos and Ben, as the beast, altogether.

Audrey had cursed Ben and when it was a curse, I didn't need a spell, only to reverse it with a flick of the wrist, so that's what I did. As I did, he roared once more and turned back to normal. The guys all turned around to me and Jane, surprised.

"Hey!" Carlos exhaled, coming down the small hill he and the king were on. I met him halfway and hugged him tightly.

"I was so worried about you.." He sighed in my ear, making me chuckle at his warm breath.

"I'm fine, my love." I reassured him, holding his cheek and pecking his lips. We watched, side by side, as Ben laughed, noticing his new beard and fangs.

"Well, well, well... Esmeralda... Still ravishing as ever, hm?" Harry smirked at me, one foot on a log.

"Can it, Harry." I scoffed as Carlos wrapped an arm over my shoulder.

"Hold on, who's side are they on?" The king interrupted.

"Nuh-uh. You hold on. Why are they even here? How are they even here?" I cocked a brow at the two boys.

"They escaped and joined us. And Mal has the ember which is our only hope to stopping Audrey. Details to follow." Jay explained, holding his shoulder.

"You guys went back to the Isle? Without me?" I clutched my heart, offended. My boyfriend kissed my lips.

"Sorry, princess." He apologized and I chuckled.

"Hades' ember?" Ben looked around at us.

"I said details to follow. We're meeting up with Mal, Evie and Uma. Let's go."

"Uma?" Benjamin repeated.

"Details to follow!" We all reminded him, tired of his questioning.

"All right!"

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

We had all re-grouped at Evie's and made a plan. Jane, Gil and Doug would be going to find Fairy Godmother while the rest of us, after waiting until night, would be going to Flora, Fauna and Merryweather's cottage, seeing if Audrey would be there.

While we were waiting for nighttime, they'd be filling me in on what had happened. Mal still seemed hesitant to tell us something, but I let it go.

We snuck around the trees quietly, following one another quickly. Ben kicked the door open and we searched every corner.

"She's not upstairs." Jay announced to us.

"Hold up, someone's in here." I stated, feeling a presence through this pantry door. I peeked through the window with Ben beside me. "Whoa, Chad?"

"What?" Ben said in disbelief, opening the door, and lifting the piece of wood. Charming was on the ground, hugging his knees to his chest. "Chad?"

"I want my mommy." He stuttered, not making eye contact with any of us.

"Huh...I remember when you were cocky and rude eight months ago." I chuckled to myself and Mal joined me.

Ben leaned down, trying to help him up but he flinched away. He tried again and succeeded. "It's okay, what happened, buddy?"

Chad looked around the room, seeing no one the grasped Ben tightly. "Ben, Ben! Y-your face...She's gone? Huh? The door's open. I'm free..Freedom! Ooh!" He shouted as he ran out of the house.

I and Harry laughed, knocking our fists together, grinning at one another, then we all left the cottage.

─── · .゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. · ───

"Ooh...All right, let's get this Audrey chick taken care of already. What do you say, girls? Time to wrap things up?" Uma suggested and we giggled.

"You know, someday, you're gonna have to tell me how you guys all got teamed up." Ben stated, arm around his fiancé

"Actually, Mal promised to let all the kids off the Isle once this is over." Evie smiled.

"Yep. Like the good queen, she's gonna be." I giggled from beside E.

"Mal?" He said, confused.

"I have to tell you guys something." M confessed.